MVP Support
10997 posts

Re: PS4 Games in the Palm of Your Hands

May 16, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

Vita can't remote play PS3 games.

I mean...  if it could.

The Vita won't be able to remote play Move games, PS3 OR PS4.

Message 11 of 26 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

May 16, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Asphaltum wrote:

Thought this was interesting, hopefully they can get it to work with no lag:

http://www.psmania.net/2013/05/official-sony-ps4-site-update-confirms-ps-vita-remote-play-of-all-ps4...

I thought we already knew this was pretty much going to happen.

Yes i know, they mentioned this at the conference. Smiley Wink

Since I'm still reluctant to believe that they'll be able to make it work lag free (I still hope). I'm just surprised that they've spent some marketing dollars towards promoting both the PS4 and the Vita together with an emphasis on remote play.

Plus the image looks pretty sweet.

Message 12 of 26 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

May 16, 2013
Message 13 of 26 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

May 16, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

I mean...  if it could.

The Vita won't be able to remote play Move games, PS3 OR PS4.

Probably not, but I don't think I'd want to play a Move game on my Vita anyways.   So, yes, to be "Politically Correct" not ALLL games will be able to "Function Properly" using Remote Play.  It's possible that you could "technically" still play these games, (Don't forget Vita has cameras), but "Ideally" probably not wise.

Message 14 of 26 (136 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10997 posts

May 16, 2013

Asphaltum wrote:

Yes i know, they mentioned this at the conference. Smiley Wink

Since I'm still reluctant to believe that they'll be able to make it work lag free (I still hope). I'm just surprised that they've spent some marketing dollars towards promoting both the PS4 and the Vita together with an emphasis on remote play.

Plus the image looks pretty sweet.

Unfortunately, most of the RP lag is out of Sony's control.  It depends mainly on both your home internet, and the wifi you are connecting to remotely.  It works perfectly fine on the PS3 when you use RP locally (playing on your Vita while someone else uses the TV), but as soon as you add that extra connection (the internet connection from your Vita to your home), it gets tricky.

As it is, it can be okay at times to play God of War HD from McDonald's or Starbucks, but I wouldn't want to play something like Black Ops 2 online with it (obviously you can't, anyway, but I'm just using it as an example).

Message 15 of 26 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

May 16, 2013

Yeah, it would be interesting to see some gameplay when playing an online title for it. I'm fine with using it for single player, but it would really turn some heads I think if they get online working well on it.

Message 16 of 26 (128 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37254 posts

May 16, 2013

Can anybody say GTA 5 remote play??

Message 17 of 26 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

May 16, 2013

Here's the thing about the PS4 Remote Play Function that i heard as a Rumor.  I was trying to find the source but I don't remember where it was... Anyways, the rumor suggested that a person can only use it on Local In-Home Wifi, AKA Private Remote Play.  You won't be able to use this feature outside of the home, so I've heard.  I will keep searching for that article... It might have been IGN or GameInformer.

Message 18 of 26 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

May 16, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

Here's the thing about the PS4 Remote Play Function that i heard as a Rumor.  I was trying to find the source but I don't remember where it was... Anyways, the rumor suggested that a person can only use it on Local In-Home Wifi, AKA Private Remote Play.  You won't be able to use this feature outside of the home, so I've heard.  I will keep searching for that article... It might have been IGN or GameInformer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/sony-exec-ps4vita-remote-play-will-work-day-one

That the one you're talking about?

When it comes to Gaikai and how it interacts with PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, Yoshida noted that “the Remote Play side will work. So we’re saying virtually every PS4 game will be playable with PS Vita via Remote Play, so you connect your Vita to your PS4, especially at home, it’s a great experience.”
Message 19 of 26 (111 Views)
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/sony-exec-ps4vita-remote-play-will-work-day-one

That the one you're talking about?

When it comes to Gaikai and how it interacts with PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, Yoshida noted that “the Remote Play side will work. So we’re saying virtually every PS4 game will be playable with PS Vita via Remote Play, so you connect your Vita to your PS4, especially at home, it’s a great experience.”

I believe so! Thanks for helping find it!  but now that I read it, my point kinda became invalid.  Forgot about this old article on IGN so this kinda muddles that Rumor more....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/28/playstation-4-the-coolest-stuff-you-probably-didnt-know

There was a thread on this back when PS4 was announced, but if you go to the 9th thing it explains:

Remote Play Upgrades

Remote Play’s been around for a while, but it’s never been fantastic. With the PS4 and Vita, PlayStation’s looking to change that. When you connect via a local network or the Internet, the screens will be mirrored. That means unlike the PS3/Vita, one screen won’t be dead – they’ll both be showing the game. Plus, rather than have to enter into a separate mode, you can start Remote Play at any time on the PS4.

Edit:  BUT!!!  

Found the article... It was from GameInformer's Interview with Shuhei Yoshida

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/21/interview-shu.aspx

You showed us how you could use the Vita as a second screen in your living room. Is that local only, or is there any ambition with Gaikai to use that as a server and get further away in the living room?

Technically speaking, it works from anywhere, as far as you have a wi-fi connection from your Vita to the PlayStation 4. It needs to be wi-fi. However, for some games, when you play or connect from far away, it accumulates latency. Some games may not be playable, like fighting games or shooting games. But some other slower paced games will be playable. As long as you have home routers anywhere in your home, you can play every PlayStation 4 game. We ask developers when they finish the PlayStation 4 product and submit a master to make sure that they have the appropriate controller mapping to work on PS Vita. All games will work – unless it is a dance game [laughs].

Message 20 of 26 (106 Views)
0 Likes