I Only Post Everything
845 posts

Re: PS4 Games in the Palm of Your Hands

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

Obviously, I hope they can implement this feature with little lag over the Internet, but I also hope you'll be able to turn your ps4 on and off with the Vita over the Internet. Otherwise I would only ever use the feature if it acts as a companion to ps4 games, like the wii u. I don't understand why you would play a ps4 game on the Vita if the TV that's hooked up to the ps4 is right there.

Message 21 of 26 (304 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10911 posts

May 16, 2013

smoothboarder540 wrote:

Obviously, I hope they can implement this feature with little lag over the Internet, but I also hope you'll be able to turn your ps4 on and off with the Vita over the Internet. Otherwise I would only ever use the feature if it acts as a companion to ps4 games, like the wii u. I don't understand why you would play a ps4 game on the Vita if the TV that's hooked up to the ps4 is right there.

As I stated earlier in the thread, most of the lag is due to interference and issues outside of Sony's control.

As for the ability to remote play locally, it is there for those that want to game on their PS4 while someone else watches something on TV.

Message 22 of 26 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 16, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

smoothboarder540 wrote:

As I stated earlier in the thread, most of the lag is due to interference and issues outside of Sony's control.

As for the ability to remote play locally, it is there for those that want to game on their PS4 while someone else watches something on TV.

Exactly.

Take that, Wii-U!

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 23 of 26 (299 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

May 17, 2013
Yeah, I think I would just buy a TV specifically for my ps4 if I thought there would be conflict with someone watching TV at the same time. I probably wouldn't have to pay much more than what a Vita costs, and I wouldn't be playing it on a 5" screen either. I personally love my Vita but the only way remote play would be a good option is for the reasons I mentioned earlier.
Message 24 of 26 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

May 17, 2013

smoothboarder540 wrote:
Yeah, I think I would just buy a TV specifically for my ps4 if I thought there would be conflict with someone watching TV at the same time. I probably wouldn't have to pay much more than what a Vita costs, and I wouldn't be playing it on a 5" screen either. I personally love my Vita but the only way remote play would be a good option is for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

I know local only remote play of PS4 games on the Vita doesn't make much sense for your situation.

However, like my situation for example: I could let my wife have the TV while I sit next to her on the couch and play my games as she doesn't like the noise from them anyway.

For us with the way our home is setup buying an extra TV just for games would be out of the question.

My only wish is that I can record video while using remote play.

Really looking forward to the new gamer profiles also, as I hope I will be able to store on them or video thanks that I've already recorded.

Message 25 of 26 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

May 17, 2013

ValinEndac wrote:

smoothboarder540 wrote:

I know local only remote play of PS4 games on the Vita doesn't make much sense for your situation.

However, like my situation for example: I could let my wife have the TV while I sit next to her on the couch and play my games as she doesn't like the noise from them anyway.

For us with the way our home is setup buying an extra TV just for games would be out of the question.

My only wish is that I can record video while using remote play.

Really looking forward to the new gamer profiles also, as I hope I will be able to store on them or video thanks that I've already recorded.

I'm in the same boat. Married and have 5 kids. So while we may have TV's in every room in the house (one for every person) and we do have 3 360's (one for each gamer) at this point in this generation and even 3 computers we can game on. I don't plan on having more than 1 PS4 at launch, and since I already have a Vita, this will be nice to have.

Like you said, I can sit with the Wife while she's watching her girlie shows and play my PS4 games and still listen to anything she might have to say. If one of my kids wants to play on the PS4, I won't have to move it to another room if I'm using the TV it's hooked up to, and let's face it, it's going to be in my living/game room where my Wife and I hang out.

So, while I want Vita specific titles to play on Vita. I will be able to put this feature to use.

Message 26 of 26 (51 Views)
0 Likes