Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: PS4 Framerate issues, killzone, contrast

Nov 18, 2013

Killzone does not drop all the way into the 20's fps ever. Your eyes are messing with you or your console is messed up.

Message 11 of 16 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Beckerjr wrote:

Killzone does not drop all the way into the 20's fps ever. Your eyes are messing with you or your console is messed up.

It was said directly from the devs their multiplayer is mostly 60fps which means it can drop a little sometimes, no reason that can't apply to their singleplayer too. Its possible it can be my console but i kinda doubt it. When i play the game again for trophies i'll pay closer attention to it 

Message 12 of 16 (482 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2013

I've definitely noticed framerate drops in Contrast when moving about the streets, And anyone saying they've not experianced Frame Rate drops in Battlefield 4 is a liar. The game is constantly pinging from around 40fps to 60fps in the single and multiplayer modes and it's pretty noticable.

I too noticed the slightest of frame drops on Killzone when turning to look at complicated/packed areas. It's not your console.

Actually, it appears most of the games have some sort of framerate troubles, which is not a good sign really.

Knack can drop pretty low when he explodes on screen or is fighting a lot of enemies. This is especially noticable when he's in his giant form.

Call of Duty Ghosts has some framerate hiccups every now and then both during the single and multiplayer modes. This is especially noticable on the building level, with the fireworks and rappelling. There is also a slight judder when the game saves at a checkpoint, which can be annoying.

Then there is DC Universe online, which suffers from  framerate drops and stuttering. I don't know if that is my interenet connection or just the game, but it happens mostly when running about at high speeds out side. It's supposed to be 60fps, but I feel I only get that when in small rooms.

All these Framerate drops are more noticable because the games are running above 30fps, so even drops to 30fps are noticable.

The only game I've had no framerate issues on at all, is Assassins Creed: Black Flag. The game runs at 30fps. Nothing more, nothing less, and it's always smooth. I'd much rather developers aim for a framerate they could stick to (40fps?), I knew from the moment BF4 was announced to be 60fps that it would not be constant.  Ghosts on the other hand has no excuse as to why it can't do constant 60fps. While looking nice in 1080p, it's definitely not THAT big of a jump from the current gen versions.

Rant Over.

Other then that I am enjoying my PS4. Knack turned out to be quite the surprise and Im really enjoying it.

Message 13 of 16 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Dec 2, 2013
Killzone Sp runs at 30 fps, that's why.
Message 14 of 16 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Dec 2, 2013

Malinkadink wrote:

Beckerjr wrote:

It was said directly from the devs their multiplayer is mostly 60fps which means it can drop a little sometimes, no reason that can't apply to their singleplayer too. Its possible it can be my console but i kinda doubt it. When i play the game again for trophies i'll pay closer attention to it 

It drops when in tons of stuff going on but no whee near 20 fps. I had 30 enemies on me in one area and it never ever went that low.

Message 15 of 16 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Dec 2, 2013

Borss36 wrote:
Killzone Sp runs at 30 fps, that's why.

Killzone SP frames are not locked. They were originally going to release the game locked at 30fps on SP, but by the time the gold master was released they decided to keep the frames unlocked. So the fps can fluctuate above 30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQxzPVzweU

Message 16 of 16 (375 Views)
0 Likes