Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 01 2014
By: vaishal2 First Son 18 posts

PS4 Digital Sharing?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 221 views Edited Feb 1, 2014

Hi guys...me and my brother both have ps4s...if i buy a game from psn ...can i share with him?lets say my psn id is abc and his psn id is xyz..if i buy a game from abc..give him the password...can he play that game from his xyz id or he has to be online frm my abc id to play that game?this whole thing is confusing to me...i would really appreciate it if somebody could clear it up...thanks

--

Meowstro Edit: I've updated your thread label. More information about Labels Best Practices in PS General.

Message 1 of 4 (221 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3168 posts

Re: ps4 digital sharing?

Feb 1, 2014

If he isn't playing on your console, then he has to be signed into PSN on your account to play.

Message 2 of 4 (218 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Feb 1, 2014

you should test it out, ive had to make a new account because this account that im using to post on here is a sub account, this account (jon1234)  has alot of games ive bought over several years, and my new account is not connected to this account in any way,

however, i put this account on my ps4 and downloaded soundshapes and played it using the new account

when i set up the accounts on my ps4 i added jon1234 to the users, i set it up as the primary, downloaded sound shapes opened it and switched over to my new account, which i then set as the primary account and i was able to play soundshapes :smileyhappy:

its the past my bed time and maybe this doesnt make sense, i hope it does but try it out

Message 3 of 4 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Feb 1, 2014

vaishal2 wrote:

Hi guys...me and my brother both have ps4s...if i buy a game from psn ...can i share with him?lets say my psn id is abc and his psn id is xyz..if i buy a game from abc..give him the password...can he play that game from his xyz id or he has to be online frm my abc id to play that game?this whole thing is confusing to me...i would really appreciate it if somebody could clear it up...thanks

Log into your account on ps4 from which xyz play and make it a home console for "abc" account. This way he can access "abc" account's content on his xyz. Also, abc will get access to his own content as long as abc is signed into his own account from his own  console.

Message 4 of 4 (195 Views)
0 Likes