Oct 03 2012
By: sonichogwiz91 Monster Hunter 44 posts

PS4 Design

[ Edited ]
12 replies 383 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

I read on some website that Sony failed to redesign their console, not including the Super Slim even though they redesigned it. And is loosing profit, because of the Wii U and I think XBOX 760. So, with wii U due up and is probably the most anticipated console for the design of the console and tablet, do you guys think that Sony will compete with the wii u and make the PS4 in a different design?

Please get back to me about this? Just tell me what you thnik. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 13 (383 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: PS4 Design

Oct 3, 2012
I have no idea what you are asking.

The Wii U is going to sell well this holiday because it is new, but after that it is uncertain. Many of Wii U's games are ports of PS3/X360 games, so the Wii U has to make a name for itself on its original titles, which takes time to develop. By the time those games do come out, either Microsoft, Sony, or both will probably release their next generation systems that will make the Wii U look as dated as the Wii does today...
Message 2 of 13 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Oct 3, 2012
from what i have read the sales of the ps3 are up and the new super slim is very profitable
Message 3 of 13 (340 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Oct 3, 2012

sonichogwiz91 wrote:

I read on some website that Sony failed to redesign their console, not including the Super Slim even though they redesigned it. And is loosing profit, because of the Wii U and I think XBOX 760. So, with wii U due up and is probably the most anticipated console for the design of the console and tablet, do you guys think that Sony will compete with the wii u and make the PS4 in a different design?

Please get back to me about this? Just tell me what you thnik. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

OK, I will give you tablet capabilities.  Those would be nice.  

What difference though, does the design make in buying a system, if it performs well and carries great titles?  

I have to laugh, every time X Box comes out with a new look tower, or new skins.  I have to laugh even more at the people that continue to give Microsoft more money for window dressing.

Moble

Message 4 of 13 (337 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 3, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

sonichogwiz91 wrote:

What difference though, does the design make in buying a system, if it performs well and carries great titles?  

I have to laugh, every time X Box comes out with a new look tower, or new skins.  I have to laugh even more at the people that continue to give Microsoft more money for window dressing.

Moble

Personally I think that is smart marketing, since some people love buying these custom consoles, and Microsoft makes an even bigger profit on them. Not all of them sell, and bargain hunters can buy these consoles at a discount rate. So I see it as a Win/Win. 

I think Sony could benefit by trying something similar...

Message 5 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

sonichogwiz91 wrote:

Moble

Personally I think that is smart marketing, since some people love buying these custom consoles, and Microsoft makes an even bigger profit on them. Not all of them sell, and bargain hunters can buy these consoles at a discount rate. So I see it as a Win/Win. 

I think Sony could benefit by trying something similar...

That is great, if you own Microsoft stock.  I would rather spend my coin on more games, personally.

Moble

Message 6 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I know that sony redesigned the ps3. But, 3 days ago, I read somwehre that sony failed to redesign the ps3, knowing how much Nintendo came from making the wii u. So I'm asking if sony will make the ps4 and compete with nintendo to make a console like the wii u (tablet I mean)

Message 7 of 13 (311 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16060 posts

Oct 3, 2012

sonichogwiz91 wrote:

I know that sony redesigned the ps3. But, 3 days ago, I read somwehre that sony failed to redesign the ps3, knowing how much Nintendo came from making the wii u. So I'm asking if sony will make the ps4 and compete with nintendo to make a console like the wii u (tablet I mean)

"read somewhere" - Where was that? 
Make note that when you read something somewhere.... anywhere, it is the opinion of the person who wrote it.

I see the Super Slim as successful.... I've been waiting for its realease for sometime, and now Im waiting to see if any good deals will be made with it on Black Friday weekend so that I can finally purchase it.

Like any console of any generation, they have to stay the same specs to not alienate both the consumer base and developers.

If you're thinking that a redesigned PS3 would have more RAM and extra stuff, like the Wii U is to the Wii, then thats a bit of backwards thinking, because the Wii U is a NEW CONSOLE, not just some updated Wii with a new controller.

The Wii U is simply a redesigned Wii that can now do games in HD with a controller that doubles as a tablet. Its specs are only slightly better than the 360 and PS3 with 1Gb RAM and not much else in the way of "mind blowing" technology. 

Nintendo already stated that they are not interested in having the best technology or being in this console war, everyone including Ninendo see the Wii and Wii U as a casual gaming console.

Jack Tretton (CEO of Sony IIRC) even stated in an interview that they are not going to worry about "being there first" but having something that works and works well. 
It would be safe to assume that the PS4 is either going to launch after the new Xbox or at the same time.

Dont take the Wii U as some redesigned Wii..... even if it is, its improvements are more of just being a next generation Nintendo console and not really just an update.

The capabilities of the Wii U is only Nintendo's admittance that they need to have a console that delivers in HD resolution to keep up with current entertainment trends in movies and games. And even now, the game lineup for the Wii U is going to be games ported from PS3 and 360, save for that Zombie U game which I am definitely looking forward to

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 8 of 13 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

gR3yGh051,

OK, I just thought that sony will try to make a tablet with the PS4, like the wii u. But you cleared this up for me by saying that it's not a war. Do you think that sony will make a tablet with the ps4 anyway? Well if not, they at least need to  redesign their controller right? I mean they had the same controller design for 3 consoles now.

Thank you for explaining this

Message 9 of 13 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Vita is the playstation tablet. It's been touted in conjunction with ps3 to do everything the wii u can do. There won't be a tablet with ps4 IMO, however we might see a bundle of the ps4 and vita with a dual shock, though that might be a little too expensive.
Message 10 of 13 (232 Views)
0 Likes