Jun 05 2013
By: Webduelist First Son 1 posts

PS4 Customization

[ Edited ]
6 replies 861 views Edited Mar 19, 2014

Now before I get a ton of hate let me set a few things strait, I do not judge my consoles on how the start up, I have a gaming PC and have no need for a console.

That being said, me and about 6 of my friends are on the fence, we are not going to buy a Xbox One for the multitude of reasons everyone should know by now, however we are considering getting PS4s. What would really sell us over it the ablitity to change how to console acts from how it starts (splash screen) to how the Dashboard is layed out. For example we could choose for it to start like a PS1, PS2, PS3, or something completely custom. On PC we have these options and would like our consoles to be as unique as our computers are, to organize things in our own way, to theme it our own way, and not be bombarded by ads like it is on the Xbox 360 currently. 

In otherwords the Power users want to be able to make the console there own and their own experence. 

Message 1 of 7 (861 Views)
MVP Support
13768 posts

Re: PS4 Customization

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

And the point is.........?

If you're making a suggestion put it on the share blog, Sony doesn't read these for ideas.

And seeing as E3 hasn't happened yet and the PS4's release is still a ways off, who knows what we'll be able to do.

Though honestly I don't see them doing what you want them to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 7 (857 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I think I get what you're saying.You're hoping we'll still have the freedom to customize the interface like we can with the PS3?I've been wondering the same thing.Regarding all the previews we've been given of the new menus on the PS4,it's hard to tell if we'll be able to customize it to our liking.I love being able to put my own theme on my PS3,and I will be disappointed if I can't do the same.If the themes end up going behind the menu(like the Xbox360),that would be a real downer.Why even have themes if you can't see them,y'know?

Message 3 of 7 (840 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Consoles will never be able to upgrade, If you want to upgrade a system go buy a pc.  Consoles only have one set of hardware and thats it.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 4 of 7 (837 Views)
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
29610 posts

Jun 5, 2013

This has come up time and time again, and the answer as it stands is that in all likely hood, no it will not. The reason being is that they don't want you going into the file system and tinkering around with it. They also want a consistent experience for all users.

Message 5 of 7 (823 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 19, 2014
Updates are what kept the ps3 relevant for so long so I don't know about this assumption you can't update somewhat
Message 6 of 7 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 19, 2014

Closing this thread down as a lot has changed since OP created this post. Please create a new topic if you wish to discuss changes to the PS4. 

Message 7 of 7 (431 Views)
0 Likes