Aug 24 2013
By: DOKTERFILL First Son 4 posts

PS4 Controller

10 replies 252 views Edited Aug 24, 2013

Not sure if I am posting in the correct section but I had one question since they annouced the PS4 at E3. As a big FIFA gamer I was wondering how many controllers will the PS4 support locally. I know the PS3 supported up to 7 due to the limitation of bluetooth devices. I have searched online for a answer but no luck as of yet. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Re: PS4 Controller

Aug 24, 2013
Good question! Havnt seen anything on this
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (237 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Yeah I still cant find anything on this

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3824 posts

Aug 24, 2013

thats actually somethin I was wondering as well, I wish I could have remembered to ask this while I was @ E3 =(

facebook.com/gamer316
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (222 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

Aug 24, 2013

My guess is four.  They announced four colors of controller LEDs for multplayer:  Blue, Red, Pink, and Green; one for each of the four Dualshock buttons.

Unless they combine LEDs (ie: red+blue=purple), in which case they could have many more.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (211 Views)
Wastelander
623 posts

Aug 24, 2013

DanSD wrote:

My guess is four.  They announced four colors of controller LEDs for multplayer:  Blue, Red, Pink, and Green; one for each of the four Dualshock buttons.

Unless they combine LEDs (ie: red+blue=purple), in which case they could have many more.

7 sounds much more likely if not more as we already can use that many via Bluetooth on the PS3.  PS4 might support more than that; but I highly doubt it would support less than its predecessor.

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (197 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Aug 25, 2013

I was thinking this exactly but I will say I was very upset that they only with 7 on the ps3. Feels odd playing 4v3 on fifa

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 25, 2013

So I finally had the time to get in touch with sony and this is what they told me about this...

Rex C.: Hello. How can I assist you today?
 Jose Oseguera: So i had one quick question about the PS4 system
 Jose Oseguera: How many ps4 controllers will I be able to connect to the system at once? 
 Rex C.: I see, Jose. I'd be happy to look into this for you today.
 Jose Oseguera: For games like FIFA
 Rex C.: Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately that department hasn't released that information yet. I recommend keeping an eye on  http://blog.us.playstation.com for more information as it becomes available. 

... i guess we wont know until launch day sigh

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Oct 25, 2013

DanSD wrote:

As a X360 convert so to speak haha, I was also curious. My assumption is 4 as well, but thats due to the colors as you say, and also, the 1.5 launch day update apparently details that you can have 4 PSN ID's logged in simultaneously. Now I guess that doesn't mean you couldn't have more, but Im just so used to 4, the 4 colors, and 4 ID's it was something I assumed, but I could be wrong!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9146 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

Death_Comes_Slow wrote:

DanSD wrote:

7 sounds much more likely if not more as we already can use that many via Bluetooth on the PS3.  PS4 might support more than that; but I highly doubt it would support less than its predecessor.

if you actually look you will find the answer,,,  sony has already stated that the ps4 will not support more than 4 players

http://n4g.com/news/1345970/yoshida-reveals-that-ps4-will-only-support-4-controllers-simultaneously

>

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (82 Views)
0 Likes