Mar 11 2014
By: BKVic First Son 27 posts

PS4 Controller Sound

[ Edited ]
4 replies 832 views Edited Mar 11, 2014

Is there any way to set the PS4 up so the sound that would come out of the controller comes out of the TV instead? My problem is I have a nice set of Tritton 5.1 head phones that I use for gaming when my wife goes to bed but when playing Killzone the audio log sound still comes out of the controller. I know I can turn the controller sound off but then I wont be able to hear the logs. I use the optical out of my TV for the head set if that matters. Anyone out there got a work around for this? I know I can use earbuds  with the out put on the controller but I really want to use my Tritton 5.1 headset.

BKVic

Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 5 (832 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13517 posts

Re: PS4controller sound

Mar 11, 2014

BKVic wrote:

Is there any way to set the PS4 up so the sound that would come out of the controller comes out of the TV instead? My problem is I have a nice set of Tritton 5.1 head phones that I use for gaming when my wife goes to bed but when playing Killzone the audio log sound still comes out of the controller. I know I can turn the controller sound off but then I wont be able to hear the logs. I use the optical out of my TV for the head set if that matters. Anyone out there got a work around for this? I know I can use earbuds  with the out put on the controller but I really want to use my Tritton 5.1 headset.

BKVic

The problem is right here.

If you had connected the optical to your PS4 instead, the audio would go through both your controller AND your headset.

But since it's connected to the TV (and the TV just receives the default sounds), then you get nothing for it.

I know because I play KZSF with my Astro's, and the audio logs play through both my headset and the controller at the same time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (825 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Re: PS4controller sound

Mar 11, 2014

I was wondering if that could be the problem but running the optical out of the tv makes it easy since Ive got the PS3, 360,Xbox One and PS4. The Tritton controller box only has one input so it would mean switching the optical cable each time I switch systems. I guess I could get a optical switch off amazon.

Anyone else have any ideas??

BKVic

Message 3 of 5 (813 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13517 posts

Re: PS4 Controller Sound

Mar 11, 2014
Well there's nothing else to do. There is no way to force the audio
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 5 (798 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Re: PS4 Controller Sound

Mar 12, 2014

Let's hope Sony changes that in the future. I don't really play a lot of online games so my Tritons have worked really well for me up till now. Of course the optical switch route would cost me about $60 Amazon and would fix everything. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5 (782 Views)
0 Likes