May 02 2014
By: GuRUCLANdotcom First Son 4 posts

PS4 Companion App is Disappointing

[ Edited ]
13 replies 155 views Edited May 2, 2014

The PS4 app is pretty much useless.  The only thing you can do with it is send a message to a PSN friend from the convenience of a smart phone.  Have you guys seen the XBOX ONE Smart Glass App?  Plus XBOX has a PC version of the app.  I can go in from my smart phone or PC and not only message my friends but view their game clip uploads.  PSN needs a PC version of this app and to integrate features like this. At it's current stage in development it is pretty disappointing.  

The PS4 console dashboard is extremely slow and frustratingly in efficient to navigate. It takes more time to send messages and game invites than PS3.  The functionality of the device is poor.  I have all PSN & XBOX Gaming Consoles and have compared the two.  I have been more of a PSN player because the PS3 network was free and I had more friends on PSN.  But now that the next gens cost the same to get online I think you will see more people trending toward XBOX One because comparitavely it is a better console.

Mod Edit: Added label & updated subject title. Want to learn more about labels? Please click here. How about Forum Rules of Conduct? Read all about it here. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 14 (155 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17013 posts

Re: PS4 COMPANION APP IS DISAPPOINTING

May 2, 2014

Not sure anyone really cares what the other console has.  If you're so in love with it and so disappointed with your PS3/PS4/Vita then sell it.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 14 (140 Views)
Wastelander
738 posts

May 2, 2014
Have you actually tried the playatation app? I'm guessing not or just trolling I will let you take the pick of which one. You can download games on it and it will be waiting on your ps4 when you return home. That alone is better than anything smartglass offers.
Message 3 of 14 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

May 2, 2014
As far as your theory on what console people will be trending to a simple google search of said theory will destroy your theory. Nice troll thread by the way. Xbot off.
Message 4 of 14 (132 Views)
First Son
4 posts

May 2, 2014

I'm a video game collector i'm not going to sell it. I'm just glad I kept my PS3...it works better.....

Message 5 of 14 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 2, 2014

Obviously I've tried it, if you read my post it says I have a PS4 and tried the APP and was disappointed in both.  This is not a troll, it is an opinion posted to a forum

Message 6 of 14 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 2, 2014

Really.... then reply with the link that supports my theory destroyed.....

Message 7 of 14 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2014

GuRUCLANdotcom wrote:

The PS4 app is pretty much useless.  The only thing you can do with it is send a message to a PSN friend from the convenience of a smart phone.  Have you guys seen the XBOX ONE Smart Glass App?  Plus XBOX has a PC version of the app.  I can go in from my smart phone or PC and not only message my friends but view their game clip uploads.  PSN needs a PC version of this app and to integrate features like this. At it's current stage in development it is pretty disappointing.  The PS4 console dashboard is extremely slow and frustratingly in efficient to navigate. It takes more time to send messages and game invites than PS3.  The functionality of the device is poor.  I have all PSN & XBOX Gaming Consoles and have compared the two.  I have been more of a PSN player because the PS3 network was free and I had more friends on PSN.  But now that the next gens cost the same to get online I think you will see more people trending toward XBOX One because comparitavely it is a better console.

1. [Friends video clips] You don't need an app to watch your friends clips and Sony doesn't need to waste their time doing so

2. [PC Version] Does not need a PC version; Go to the PSN website

3. [Dissapointing] You can download games while away from your PS4, control your PS4's OS, watch live streams, message, add friends, second screen, etc... Far from being a dissapointment

4. [PS4 console dashboard slow] Compared to what? I hope your not thinking Xbox One.... Game invites take 5 seconds, sendining messages is almost immediate... (The PS4 OS is extremely fast considering how dynamic it is WHILE pulling information from the internet and yes it's faster then Xbox One's OS)

5. [ People will switch over from PS4 to XO] Apparently you have not seen the ratio of PS4 to XO owners... You also don't realize many Xbox 360 users made the switch before both consoles even came out. To top it off, the PS4 is raping the XO in sales (Both in NA and outside)...

6. [XO comparitevely is better] This doesn't hold true for anything but your own opinions... If you want to get factual and technical, the PS4 is both cheaper and has the better hardware. Doesn't matter how much optimization the XO gets, it wont catch up to the PS4.

7. [Cost the same to get online] Oh but I don't see Microsoft giving a **bleep** about those who don't have XBL (Not everyone will be able to pay every month/year)... If one of my friends don't have PS+, then we play Warframe, DCUO, Blacklight, and FF ARR  (None of these require PS+ for multiplayer)

It's also probably hard for you to believe I was an Xbox 360 owner and my favorite game (and still is) is Gears of War 1-3.

Microsoft gave me all the reason to buy an Xbox 360.... It did not have the strongest hardware compared to the PS3 BUT it sure did have the BEST for it's time... What reason do I have to buy an Xbox one? Smart glass?

They have similar architecture yet the PS4 hardware is better... PS+ is a way better deal then XBL.... The DS4 has more functionality then the XO controller... I'm also a PC gamer, who plays MMORPG's, PS4 has Warframe, DCUO, and FF ARR with much more coming...

Message 8 of 14 (118 Views)
Wastelander
738 posts

May 2, 2014
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-can-the-xbox-one-catch-up-to-the-ps4/1100-6419163/

There you go. Rethink your theory on what people are trending to.
Message 9 of 14 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

May 2, 2014
Like I said Xbot off.
Message 10 of 14 (105 Views)
0 Likes