Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Re: PS4 Classic Controller (Like the PS3 Controller)

Oct 10, 2013

I would just wait til Devs add a option to change to L2 and R2 to L1 and R1 via any Video Game Settings

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 11 of 16 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3344 posts

Oct 10, 2013

I've always been of the opinion that the Dualshocks are not even in the same league as the X360 controllers. The DualShocks always cause my hands to cramp/spasm, which is something I've never ran into with other consoles, so I'm very happy to see the DS4 getting a redesign.

Message 12 of 16 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Oct 10, 2013
360 controller feels much better, its not just a flat pad with nubs it is actually designed to be in someone's hands. With that said I am very happy the controller is finally changing from its extremely outdated design. Don't give me the "its a flawless design and thats why its stayed the same" No, it's because people cry about re adapting too much, do you not remember how PS3 was to have an entirely different controller?
Message 13 of 16 (160 Views)
Sackboy
569 posts

Oct 10, 2013

You could replace my controller with stale dog poop so long as the little man goes jump when I tells him to.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 14 of 16 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Beckerjr wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Beckerjr wrote:

IMO there is noting classic about the current PS3 controller. It alone made me chose many 360 version for mulitplatform games. The sooner I can move on to the PS4 and never have to use the current duelshock anymore the better.

"... there is nothing classic about the current PS3 controller"? Um, you do realize that it hasn't changed in nearly twenty years? The reason why is because the design works. Where as the only thing that the 360 controller did was increase it's size. Making it bigger isn't necessarily making it "better".

Allot of people like the offset analog sticks and the triggers on the 360 better. As for not changing it that isn't IMO because it ws perfect from the begninng. 

Yes people with offset thumbs, lol.

How in the world does it make sense in any way for your left hand and right hand to be different?

If the left stick is better where the d-pad is then the right stick should be better where the buttons are!!

Fact is, this is not the case.  People have two symetrical hands, both thumbs are in the same position relative to that hand in a mirror image.

A controller which treats each thumb as individuals makes no sense at all in any way to me, and obviously to no one else cause no one has ever been able to give a reason why there left thumb can not reach in the exact same fashion as their right thumb.

Come on now people.   The only thing i like about the 360 controller is the left stick is so close to the side that my 3-4 yr olds can reach that stick while holding the controller, this is 100% contrary to everyones statement that 360 controller is for big hands, maybe big hands with short stubby thumbs?(At least on the left hand?)

The DS3 is too big for my children to hold properly while activating the sticks with their thumbs, 360 contoller is easy for them to at least walk around witht he left stick while holding the controller, then the right side has the buttons they need within reach, it seems more then anything the layout was designed with smaller hands in mind.

Can someone explain this situation in english, rationally?

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 15 of 16 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Oct 10, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Beckerjr wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Beckerjr wrote:

IMO there is noting classic about the current PS3 controller. It alone made me chose many 360 version for mulitplatform games. The sooner I can move on to the PS4 and never have to use the current duelshock anymore the better.

"... there is nothing classic about the current PS3 controller"? Um, you do realize that it hasn't changed in nearly twenty years? The reason why is because the design works. Where as the only thing that the 360 controller did was increase it's size. Making it bigger isn't necessarily making it "better".

Allot of people like the offset analog sticks and the triggers on the 360 better. As for not changing it that isn't IMO because it ws perfect from the begninng. 

Well goody for them, and let them buy the 360. As usual, the message I always see is "Make it exactly the same, that way I don't have to adapt to something different".

What this always comes back down to is the idea that it hasn't changed, therefore it hasn't improved. The reason why the design hasn't changed in two decades is because it works. Attempts by the gamer cognoscenti to alter the defintion of "ergonomic", the sudden rash of gigantism among gamers, and their false belief that their left thumb naturally juts upward at a 90 degree angle, doesn't change that.

I do admit the triggers on the DS3 are poorly designed, not for gameplay but for sitting the controller down, how many times do I hide in a corner in a MP game and try to set the controller down to go for a smoke and what happens?  The triggers depress and my character tosses a grenade at the wall and I suicide, lol.

I bought the snap on triggers for all my controllers now and it turns to buttons just enough so when you set it down it actually pulls the triggers out instead of pressing them in, much better.

One more thing about 360 controller, I find it makes me hands sweat like crazy.  I think its the position of the handles, they force you to make full contact with the palm of your hand and so it sweats like a mad man.  DS3 controllers do not have this problem.

If I was gonna seriously get into 360 gaming i would get the ventilated controller, that looks useful.  I wonder why i have never seen one of those for PS3?  Not that they are needed like on 360 but they must be out there somewhere right?

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 16 of 16 (145 Views)