Oct 10 2013
By: GameKing92 Hekseville Citizen 290 posts

PS4 Classic Controller (Like the PS3 Controller)

[ Edited ]
15 replies 739 views Edited Oct 10, 2013

I would like to see Sony release a PS4 Classic Controller.

Keep the touch screen, keep the move support, keep the tiny ridged analog sticks, keep the longer/wider handles, keep the extra space, and keep the extra weight.  No bulk, just the essentials, two normal sized analog sticks/directional buttons/shape buttons on a new PS4 controller that has the same controller size and controller layout that has been around since the first dualshock controller.

Sony is keeping up with technology, but a PS4 Classic Controller should be made available for players who prefer the classics.

If Sony can do it, maybe they can make it so that the PS3 controller can be recognized by the PS4.  You could have the choice to choose what controller you want to use in the PS4 controller settings menu (PS3 or PS4).  If this could be done, great.  If not, then I would still like to see a PS4 controller that has the same layout as the PS3 controller.

Message 1 of 16 (739 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: PS4 Classic Controller (Like the PS3 Controller)

Oct 10, 2013

So you want a classic controller that is just like the typical PS4 controller? 

You sir are a great mind.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 16 (733 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Oct 10, 2013

IMO there is noting classic about the current PS3 controller. It alone made me chose many 360 version for mulitplatform games. The sooner I can move on to the PS4 and never have to use the current duelshock anymore the better.

Message 3 of 16 (720 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28690 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Beckerjr wrote:

IMO there is noting classic about the current PS3 controller. It alone made me chose many 360 version for mulitplatform games. The sooner I can move on to the PS4 and never have to use the current duelshock anymore the better.

"... there is nothing classic about the current PS3 controller"? Um, you do realize that it hasn't changed in nearly twenty years? The reason why is because the design works. Where as the only thing that the 360 controller did was increase it's size. Making it bigger isn't necessarily making it "better".

Message 4 of 16 (716 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Oct 10, 2013

If Sony can do it, maybe they can make it so that the PS3 controller can be recognized by the PS4.  You could have the choice to choose what controller you want to use in the PS4 controller settings menu (PS3 or PS4).  If this could be done, great.  If not, then I would still like to see a PS4 controller that has the same layout as the PS3 controller.  I'll add this to my original post.

Message 5 of 16 (712 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28690 posts

Oct 10, 2013

What you're proposing would require adding more manufacturing capacity, R&D, and other costs. It's more cost effective to make one controller than to make two.

Message 6 of 16 (706 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Oct 10, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Beckerjr wrote:

"... there is nothing classic about the current PS3 controller"? Um, you do realize that it hasn't changed in nearly twenty years? The reason why is because the design works. Where as the only thing that the 360 controller did was increase it's size. Making it bigger isn't necessarily making it "better".

Allot of people like the offset analog sticks and the triggers on the 360 better. As for not changing it that isn't IMO because it ws perfect from the begninng. 

Message 7 of 16 (704 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28690 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

Beckerjr wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Beckerjr wrote:

Allot of people like the offset analog sticks and the triggers on the 360 better. As for not changing it that isn't IMO because it ws perfect from the begninng. 

Well goody for them, and let them buy the 360. As usual, the message I always see is "Make it exactly the same, that way I don't have to adapt to something different".

What this always comes back down to is the idea that it hasn't changed, therefore it hasn't improved. The reason why the design hasn't changed in two decades is because it works. Attempts by the gamer cognoscenti to alter the defintion of "ergonomic", the sudden rash of gigantism among gamers, and their false belief that their left thumb naturally juts upward at a 90 degree angle, doesn't change that.

Message 8 of 16 (698 Views)
Wastelander
832 posts

Oct 10, 2013
The ps4 controller is the best it's ever been
Message 9 of 16 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Oct 10, 2013
Never understood these people who say xbone controller is better. I held that piece of brick on my hand and it felt so bulky. I also hate the analog stick replacement.

Maybe it's because I've been playing ps1 ever since a kid and got adapted to it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 16 (614 Views)