Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Re: PS4 Camera Length

Dec 8, 2013
I'm guessing some people in this thread have never seen a proper av setup. A 6 foot cable is unacceptable.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 31 of 37 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 8, 2013

b-love81 wrote:
I have the same issue... I 9 feet of cord... 70" wall mounted tv with all of my cables hidden in the wall. Unless there's an extension I can buy I'll be taking my camera back. I spent too much money to have a tacky setup.

There is no extension currently available.

Welcome to the Playstation Forums.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 32 of 37 (524 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 6, 2014

I just spoke with Sony Playstation Support and they confirmed that there are no plans to release an extension...or a camera with a longer cable for that matter.  This is pretty unacceptable...and a HUGE miss by Sony.

Hopefully, someone in the Mad Catz camp will release something.

Message 33 of 37 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Jan 6, 2014

dabroiler wrote:

I just spoke with Sony Playstation Support and they confirmed that there are no plans to release an extension...or a camera with a longer cable for that matter.  This is pretty unacceptable...and a HUGE miss by Sony.

Hopefully, someone in the Mad Catz camp will release something.

Bummer.

That kind of confirms by suspicion that It just may not be possible.

I tried and tried and thought it should be simple but no go.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 34 of 37 (425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2014

bump.

There must be a way to extend the length or the camera is of no use to me and ill not be buying one.

My equipment is not very far from my TV at all, but 6 feet is not enough.

Sony needs to release or work with 3rd parties to get an extension for this absurd, pointlessly, propriaetary connection.

It's already been too many months without one.

Message 35 of 37 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

EonLongEulogy wrote:

bump.

There must be a way to extend the length or the camera is of no use to me and ill not be buying one.

My equipment is not very far from my TV at all, but 6 feet is not enough.

Sony needs to release or work with 3rd parties to get an extension for this absurd, pointlessly, propriaetary connection.

It's already been too many months without one.

It may be a matter of making sure the data stream isn't weakened or corrupted.   Many traditional webcams cannot funtion with an extension without an external power source.  I agree that an extension would be a very welcome accessory, but, it's been three months and nine days as of this writing,

Grindhead_Jim

Message 36 of 37 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Why are so many people commenting that the length should be long enough? It may be long enough for you, and it's long enough for me but to the OP and others it is not.

My sister in-law has a unique set up, she has a Fire Place and a wall mounted TV above it. She had an indented Electrical oulet installed and a conduit.run to the corner of her room where her media tower is located. She built it that way so you don't see any cables going to her TV. She bought 20ft HDMI cables and they reach with a few feet to spare for slack so a 6ft cable would not be long enough to reach her TV.

My suggegtion to the OP and anyone else looking for an extension cable is to get together, get organized. Target some of these cable manufacturers (Monster Cable) or third party peripheral device makers (MadKatz, Nyko) and e-mail them to see if they would be interested in making an extension cable.

Message 37 of 37 (362 Views)
0 Likes