Dec 22 2013
By: SunYam Splicer 42 posts

PS4 Box Question

5 replies 279 views Edited Dec 22, 2013

I got a new PS4 yesterday from a local GameStop. It had clear sealing tape instead of the blue Playstation sticker I've seen in a lot of videos. Also I saw no codes in mine, no PS Plus free trial, no $10 credit for PS Store, etc. I know it said "For limited time wile supplies last." But was the sticker also a limited time thing too?

Wanting to find out why mine was clear tape instead of blue PS sticker. Hopefully no one messed with it.

Message 1 of 6 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Re: PS4 Box Question

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2013

You are fine, some systems have blue tape while other have clear. If you need to know about the PS+ a quick friendly call to Sony will clear things up. If your very nice and freindly they could give you a free year of PS+. Just speak with Sony 😀

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 2 of 6 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Dec 22, 2013

I called Sony and asked tem about it. The guy said ALL PS4's suppose to have the blue PS sticker. But said the codes was only for the launch and that the PS4s you buy now will not have those in them. 

Message 3 of 6 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2013

SunYam wrote:

I called Sony and asked tem about it. The guy said ALL PS4's suppose to have the blue PS sticker. But said the codes was only for the launch and that the PS4s you buy now will not have those in them. 

He was wrong.  My launch console with the goodies inside had blue tape OVER clear tape because it was resealed after opening.

The PS4 I got brand new from Best Buy later was clear only.

Like deaofly said, you are fine.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 4 of 6 (244 Views)
Fender Bender
3452 posts

Dec 22, 2013

I just bought mine from gamestop two weeks ago, new. Had clear tape on it, not the blue seal I was expecting to see. I tried to pull the tape off to see if I could get a clean rip, but no go. I did have all the promotional coupon month of PLus and music, and the ten dolla PSN credit, was actually very very very very pleased that these were in box. Guess I got lucky. Sorry to hear you didn't get the extra goodies...

guitar guru 2012
Message 5 of 6 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 22, 2013

There is a little door on the bottom edge of the box for sliding in goodies as well.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 6 of 6 (226 Views)
0 Likes