Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
16555 posts

Re: PS4 Backwards compatibility

May 1, 2013

Why havent they stickied the official PS4 event somewhere?

Message 11 of 19 (99 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8475 posts

May 1, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Why havent they stickied the official PS4 event somewhere?

Or at least combine all 4,000 B/C discussions into one giant thread and sticky THAT...

Message 12 of 19 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25162 posts

May 1, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

ichigo334 wrote:

Hopefully Sony finds a way so I can play my psn downloads without having to pay for them again I have faith in sony!

It doesn't matter how the games are delivered.  The lack of B/C in the PS4 will have nothing to do with the Blu-ray drive.  It won't be able to play PS3 games, because it does not have the PS3 hardware in it, specifically the Cell processor.  Over 90% of PS3 games use Cell features, most of which cannot be emulated by any other processor.

If you want to continue playing PS3 games, it would be best to keep your PS3.  It will not magically explode if you buy a PS4.

It will not magically explode, but it will definitly magically YLOD on you. smh

Yes, the PS3 "death clock" is real. In other news we faked the moon landing, and Elvis is alive and well, and running an auto body repair shop in Kalamazoo.

Message 13 of 19 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

May 1, 2013
Ok this topic is getting old already USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION PEOPLE
Message 14 of 19 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 1, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

ichigo334 wrote:

Hopefully Sony finds a way so I can play my psn downloads without having to pay for them again I have faith in sony!

It doesn't matter how the games are delivered.  The lack of B/C in the PS4 will have nothing to do with the Blu-ray drive.  It won't be able to play PS3 games, because it does not have the PS3 hardware in it, specifically the Cell processor.  Over 90% of PS3 games use Cell features, most of which cannot be emulated by any other processor.

If you want to continue playing PS3 games, it would be best to keep your PS3.  It will not magically explode if you buy a PS4.

Yes, the PS3 "death clock" is real. In other news we faked the moon landing, and Elvis is alive and well, and running an auto body repair shop in Kalamazoo.

It's still a valid concern...

Message 15 of 19 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16555 posts

May 1, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

ichigo334 wrote:

DETHKLOK EH?

wbfyi_120612h_mu_Dethklok_story_t618.jpg

Message 16 of 19 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25162 posts

May 1, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

ichigo334 wrote:

Do you really think a $250 piece of electronics is supposed to last forever? I know what you're going to say; "well my SNES still works". That's a much simpler machine than a PS3 with no moving parts, so there's fewer things to go wrong. 

Message 17 of 19 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 1, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

ichigo334 wrote:

Do you really think a $250 piece of electronics is supposed to last forever? I know what you're going to say; "well my SNES still works". That's a much simpler machine than a PS3 with no moving parts, so there's fewer things to go wrong. 

Nope, I do not expect the PS3 to last forever. Which is why wish the PS4 was backwards compatible so I don't have to worry about it.

Message 18 of 19 (59 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

May 1, 2013
Well just to point out some more obvious.....I think this upcoming gen of gaming is going to take longer than ever to get rolling. With no b/c its going to be a longer transition period to the day when everybody has ps4 and xbox720 and nobody has the old ones anymore. So this upcoming gen will also probably last longer than this one did. Maybe more like 10 years rather than 6 or 7 years
Message 19 of 19 (57 Views)