Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: PS4 500 GB HDD - Is it large enough?

Jul 8, 2013

large enough for me Smiley Very Happy

KZMProductionsGT
Message 11 of 32 (663 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/26/2007
Offline
1846 posts
 

Re: PS4 500 GB HDD - Is it large enough?

Jul 8, 2013

CradleOfFish wrote:

I imagine, like with the PS3 making 500GB consoles after initially releasing smaller GB consoles, PS4 will probably release other consoles with 750GB to 1TB to maybe even 2TB at one point or another. I don't know, just a guess on my part.


Or you could just upgrade it yourself. A hell of a lot cheaper than buying a whole new PS4. That's just ridiculous.


Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 12 of 32 (662 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/20/2009
Offline
2157 posts
 

Re: PS4 500 GB HDD - Is it large enough?

Jul 8, 2013
So can we buy just digital copies of new game releases or will we need to buy hard copies if we want it right away.
Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 13 of 32 (657 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/26/2007
Offline
1846 posts
 

Re: PS4 500 GB HDD - Is it large enough?

Jul 8, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:
So can we buy just digital copies of new game releases or will we need to buy hard copies if we want it right away.

Yes, most likely. I don't see why there's any question about it. The Vita made it a point of having all retail games available digitally day and date. More than likely the PS4 will continue that policy.


Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 14 of 32 (655 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/20/2009
Offline
2157 posts
 

Re: PS4 500 GB HDD - Is it large enough?

Jul 8, 2013

That will be very cool i cant bare to trade a game in for pennies on the dollar anyway.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 15 of 32 (653 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
464 posts
 

Re: PS4 500 GB HDD - Is it large enough?

Jul 8, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

CradleOfFish wrote:

I imagine, like with the PS3 making 500GB consoles after initially releasing smaller GB consoles, PS4 will probably release other consoles with 750GB to 1TB to maybe even 2TB at one point or another. I don't know, just a guess on my part.


Or you could just upgrade it yourself. A hell of a lot cheaper than buying a whole new PS4. That's just ridiculous.


That's true, but that's not what I meant. I meant for folks like me, who just bought their PS3 this year, I was glad that they started releasing new consoles with the 500GB. So it will probably be a few years before I get a PS4 (unless I get a job soon then I will save up to get one as soon as possible), and if I have a choice of higher than 500GB consoles I'd probably go for it. Actually when I do get back on my feet I am going to buy a 1TB HDD for my current PS3.

 

 photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 16 of 32 (645 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/11/2013
Online
4618 posts
 

Re: PS4 500 GB HDD - Is it large enough?

Jul 8, 2013

It will not be big enough if you want to keep every game you DL even after you finish it, but will work if you delete games you are no longer playing. 

Message 17 of 32 (633 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/08/2013
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: PS4 500 GB HDD - Is it large enough?

Jul 8, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

Thats perfect then 500 gb should be more then enough how many active games do you need on there at once, right?


I like to keep most of my games readily available to play, especially with such large downloads.  I tend to jump between several different games and if I feel the urge to play something I don't want to have to wait for a 50 GB download to complete because I didn't have space to keep the game installed on my hard drive.

 

It is good to know that the HDD is user upgradeable, although I'm not sure I can justify spending the additional cash right away.  I may just hold off to see if a higher-capacity PS4 model is introduced in a year or so.

Message 18 of 32 (622 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/26/2007
Offline
1846 posts
 

Re: PS4 500 GB HDD - Is it large enough?

Jul 8, 2013

Sargon-X wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

Thats perfect then 500 gb should be more then enough how many active games do you need on there at once, right?


I like to keep most of my games readily available to play, especially with such large downloads.  I tend to jump between several different games and if I feel the urge to play something I don't want to have to wait for a 50 GB download to complete because I didn't have space to keep the game installed on my hard drive.

 

It is good to know that the HDD is user upgradeable, although I'm not sure I can justify spending the additional cash right away.  I may just hold off to see if a higher-capacity PS4 model is introduced in a year or so.


Lol that's the beauty of the PS4. You don't have to wait! Once it downloads a small portion of it, you can immediately start playing, and it will continue to download WHILE you play, all in the background. It's known as Play-Go.


Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 19 of 32 (618 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
569 posts
 

Re: PS4 500 GB HDD - Is it large enough?

Jul 8, 2013

At the rate developers are shutting down/selling off IPs it's a baaaaaaaad idea to spend more than $30 on a digital game because you have no idea if you'll be able to re-download it 5 years down the road. Besides which, every new game will initially be available for purchase in the PSN, but when the game library expands to 500+ titles do you really think they'll be able to offer every single game? Doubtful. Very doubtful.

 

 


sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 20 of 32 (608 Views)
Reply
0 Likes