May 23 2014
By: MLT24 Uncharted Territory 1680 posts

PS4 3D Blu ray when????

[ Edited ]
13 replies 535 views Edited May 24, 2014

Ok where is the complain to Sony forum about no 3D suppor t on PS4 Blueray player?

Why in the WORLD would they not have the 3D  working????

Works just fine on my PS3.

Incredibly STUPID and being a horses **bleep** is Sony for not making the PS4 Blueray play 3D!!!!

I would like to know where would be the best place to complain and simply "**bleep**" them out!

There is NO excuse for it, NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod Edit: Added labels. Corrected misspelling in title. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -TwistedTarantula

Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Message 1 of 14 (535 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Re: PS4 3D Blu ray when????

May 24, 2014

Still waiting!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 14 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

May 24, 2014

MLT24 wrote:

Ok where is the complain to Sony forum about no 3D suppor t on PS4 Blueray player?

Mod Edit: Added labels. Corrected misspelling in title. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -TwistedTarantula

Its right here.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

Bringing complaints to the forums does not do any good b/c no one at sony that makes decisions about these things even looks at these fourms. This is just a place for gamer to talk about the system and games, not a way to contact sony about complaints.

And as far as when we will get 3D support it will come at some point. Sony has more important things to work on at the moment like Playstation Now. If 3D is so important to you then you should have a stand alone 3D blu ray player like a lot of people do. Even though my PS3 plays 3D  movies I would still rather have a stand alone unit. I cant explain why or maybe its even in my head but 3D looks so much better on my LG 3D Blu ray player then it ever did on the PS3

Message 3 of 14 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

May 24, 2014

Thanks for the info.

I disagree they have more important things to do???? It is very simple. They had 3D in PS3, therefor it should be in PS4 at launch. This is a decision they made NOT to have it, nothing to work out what so ever???? The pushed their 3D tvs, and now they don't support them by not making PS4 3D ready???

There is NO excuse for what they did, or didn't do. NONE, Zip, Nada, Zero!

A PS4 with Blueray should be THE BEST 3D player in the market.

Message 4 of 14 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

MLT24 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I disagree they have more important things to do???? It is very simple. They had 3D in PS3, therefor it should be in PS4 at launch. This is a decision they made NOT to have it, nothing to work out what so ever???? The pushed their 3D tvs, and now they don't support them by not making PS4 3D ready???

There is NO excuse for what they did, or didn't do. NONE, Zip, Nada, Zero!

A PS4 with Blueray should be THE BEST 3D player in the market.

They had 3D on the PS3 after many many years of it being out, the PS3 did not launch with 3D support and neither did the PS4. It came to the PS3 much later on. Just b/c it was on the PS3 when the PS4 launched does not mean the PS4 should have it. Everything the PS3 has on it now was after 7 years of updates and features added. The PS3 is nothing like it was out of the box in 2006 as it is now, just like how the PS4 is going to evolve and change a lot over the coming years.

Why do you say the PS4 should be the best 3D player on the market when the system costs $400 and you can get a blu ray 3D player for under $100?

Message 5 of 14 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

May 24, 2014

waaambulance

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 14 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

May 25, 2014

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

They had 3D on the PS3 after many many years of it being out, the PS3 did not launch with 3D support and neither did the PS4. It came to the PS3 much later on. Just b/c it was on the PS3 when the PS4 launched does not mean the PS4 should have it. Everything the PS3 has on it now was after 7 years of updates and features added. The PS3 is nothing like it was out of the box in 2006 as it is now, just like how the PS4 is going to evolve and change a lot over the coming years.

3D was not as popular when the PS3 first released.  There was no reason to have it back then.  It is popular now and Sony was fully aware with the release of the PS4 that the public still will want 3D.  The PS4 being released without 3D functionality was by design.  Sony is instrumental in making 3D what it is today, mainly through the PS3 and why they thought the public would not want it anymore I have no idea.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 7 of 14 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
614 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2014

Punfisher wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

3D was not as popular when the PS3 first released.  There was no reason to have it back then.  It is popular now and Sony was fully aware with the release of the PS4 that the public still will want 3D.  The PS4 being released without 3D functionality was by design.  Sony is instrumental in making 3D what it is today, mainly through the PS3 and why they thought the public would not want it anymore I have no idea.

3D is popular? Huh-wha? In what universe? Or, rather, in what year?

3D gimmicks have seen a steep, steep decline as of late. That's why Nintendo made the 2DS -- so few people give two fraks about images popping up at them. I have a 3DSXL and I always play with the 3D switched off just on the >assumption< that it might give me more battery life. The novelty has worn off. There's no reason for Sony not to implement it at some point, but it's no deal-breaker. These sites document the decline in interest for 3D films:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/10/despicable-me-2-3d-low/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2319249/3D-films-losing-appeal-UK-ticket-sales-slump-third.h...
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/apr/12/3d-films-slide-fitch-report
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/mar/06/3d-films-lose-appeal

I just don't understand what you don't get about the idea of updates. The PS4 has more features at launch than the PS3 did at launch. It's not a matter of Sony needing reasons to have the features. Almost everything thing the PS3 did, the PS4 will eventually do. If we waited for Sony to implement every demand before launching the PS4, we would never have seen the thing launch. Of course, you said in another thread that you were against the idea of Sony creating a 4th PlayStation console at all, so whatever.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 8 of 14 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

May 25, 2014

Punfisher wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

first of all let me correct you in where you are wrong. Sony was not instrumental in the making of 3D Samsung was the first company to mass produce 3D TV's Very doubtfull that Sony did all the leg work then passed off all the tech to Samsung for them to be the first adopters of 3D

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/television/samsung-first-company-to-mass-produce-3d-tvs-666358

Second of all as you said the PS3 has been out for along time ( 4 years ) when 3D support started to come along here in the US, approx 2010. It was nothing but good timing for it to make its way to the PS3 at that point. The system had been out for years, it was stable and all critical and major updates as far as how it runs and preforms had been done long before then. It was in a time where the console was not going out the door yet, but had been around the block for awhile so throwing in an update llike 3D support was not as much of a task as it is now.

When a console like the PS4 is first released in within its first year much of the time is spent making sure everyting is going to run smoothly, that is why we have had a few updates to the system in only a few months of it being out. The trend with new consoles when they are released is that when the console is first released it only does basic functions such as playing games, all other featrues are added over time. That is why systems evolve and get new features added as time goes on. If you bought a PS4 thinking it was going to be like the PS3 then that is your fault not Sonys. No gaming company has ever released a system that does everything it will do its entire life span starting day 1. If you wanted 3D support then you should have either kept your PS3 or done some research and discovered that the PS4 does  not do 3D support as of yet. Also if you are unwilling to get a stand alone 3D Blu Ray player and unwilling to take the effort into doing research of a product before you buy it then the only blame there is to put anywhere is yourself, not the company.

Message 9 of 14 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2014

You guys who think 3D is a gimmick must HAVE NEVER experienced 3D in the correct way.

And to you who say 3D is not necessary when PS4 came out, then back when we got color tv maybe we should have just gone back to BW, after all, it wasn't needed, right?

And to you who say Sony doesn't need the best Blueray player, **bleep**??? Do I even need to answer that one, lmao???
Oh no, lets not put a good one in there, afer all we don't need to impress anyone or play the best looking games in the WORLD?

Those of you who defend 3D not being in the PS4 at launch, just have NOTHING to do better than come on here and show your ignorance. 

3D is amazing, and it enhances my experience rather it be a movie or a game. Why do you think they are creating VR, it is the next step. Do you think that is stupid too? I am old enough to remember going from BW tv to Color, I can tell you I didn't think that was stupid, lmao. 

It is SIMPLE!!! 3D was on the ps3, everyone sells 3D tv's, I just bought another one 1 few weeks ago. It is in all 4k tv's for god sake. IT SHOULD BE IN PS4 AT RELEASE> SIMPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

And the obvious, Sony made a CHOICE< aaaaaaa CCCCHHHOOOIIICCCEEEE not to include 3D in the Blue Ray play at release is insane?????? STUPID> Nothing to work out or work on, just update the bleeping drivers dangit!!!!!!!!!!!

I have watched 3d on the PS4 thru Vudu and played Trine2 in 3D, and they were amazing!!! So just get the dang BR player 3D

simple, period!

Message 10 of 14 (362 Views)
0 Likes