Dec 03 2013
By: al2009man Ghost of Sparta 13184 posts

PS4 1.52 Update Anticipation

[ Edited ]
30 replies 4027 views Edited Dec 3, 2013

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/12/03/ps4-1-52-update-features-needed-from-sony/

With PS4 users now getting used to the system and the features that Sony brought to the tablet at launch, it’s clear that a lot of functionality is missing that we didn’t see in PS4 update 1.51. The good news is that Sony are inevitably hard at work on improving the the PS4 interface and we’re excited about what will be coming in the PS4 1.52 update that is bound to land soon.

One of the biggest features missing from launch that definitely should have been there is a YouTube app. It’s rather inexplicable of Sony to have missed this out, so hopefully it will be ready by the time 1.52 is ready to download – after all, the Xbox One has a great YouTube app available to all users at launch.

Another big missing feature that we didn’t see is DLNA server support. Connecting your PS3 to your PC was a great feature that almost became second nature to PS3 users as they enjoyed viewing their PC content straight on the PS3.

Unfortunately though, it was missing from the PS4 at launch, but will make it onto the system at some stage during a future update as promised by Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida. Other notable mentions have to be MP3 and Audio CD support, but again Sony has promised these to come in a future update too.

Will the missing features above all be ready for 1.52? We doubt it, but it would be nice if Sony at least offers some of these. Apps is definitely one area that needs improvement, as it would be fantastic if Sony could offer pages and pages of apps for users to download – we just hope it doesn’t end up like the Vita, ie no new apps seen for months, which is shocking.

The interface is fine itself we feel, but perhaps could do with a little touching up ready for the new year. After most of you have become comfortable with browsing through the PS4 features since launch, tell us what new features you would like to see in the forthcoming 1.52 update.

Edit: Changed misleading title

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 1 of 31 (4,027 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Re: PS4 1.52 Update coming soon

Dec 3, 2013

Your title is extremely misleading.  The article you linked is mostly conjecture, opinion, and educated speculation.

There has been no official date released as to when the next PS4 firmware will be released, or what features will be implemented, despite MP3/DLNA, usb headphone support, and external HDMI capture having been mentioned at various points.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 31 (4,010 Views)
Last Guardian
11596 posts

Dec 3, 2013
Judging from the usual pattern of updates,
I wouldn't see any added features until 1.6
Usually when it goes from 1.51 to 1.52 it's usually stability fixes and security updates...
>

Message 3 of 31 (3,943 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Your title is extremely misleading.  The article you linked is mostly conjecture, opinion, and educated speculation.

There has been no official date released as to when the next PS4 firmware will be released, or what features will be implemented, despite MP3/DLNA, usb headphone support, and external HDMI capture having been mentioned at various points.

Thanks.

Now what title would i replace. got any ideas?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 4 of 31 (3,824 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Dec 3, 2013

The less people getting the horrific Music Unlimited service instead of just insisting Sony acknowledge music ownership will help.

Message 5 of 31 (3,815 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 3, 2013
There should be support to show a blu ray's individual icon on the home screen like it is on the PS3.
Message 6 of 31 (3,814 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Thanks.

Now what title would i replace. got any ideas?

He gave it to you.

Conjecture, opinion, and educated speculation on PS4 update needs.

I added that last bit.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 7 of 31 (3,797 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Dec 3, 2013
Backwards compatibility would be nice.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 8 of 31 (3,796 Views)
Gaming Beast
2142 posts

Dec 3, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Another big missing that we didn’t see is DLNA server support. Connecting your PS3 to your PC was a great feature that almost became second nature to PS3 users as they enjoyed viewing their PC content straight on the PS3.

Unfortunately though, it was missing from the PS4 at launch, but will make it onto the system at some stage during a future update as promised by Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida. Other notable mentions have to be MP3 and Audio CD support, but again Sony has promised these to come in a future update too.

To be honest I have never used these features for the PS3, and never plan on using them for the PS4.  It does suck when Sony does promise to have a feature, yet was not released on release date.  Hope for the people that do use these features that it does get released soon.  A happy gamer is a good gamer.
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 9 of 31 (3,769 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
614 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Well, you tricked me. I really want more updates, but I'm glad that Sony is playing things safe and testing everything rigorously before releasing it on to our systems. No need to be reckless, I'm just... impatient.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 10 of 31 (3,755 Views)
0 Likes