Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 15 2010
By: KINGDOM_COME First Son 5 posts

PS3 wont play Black Ops

[ Edited ]
58 replies 4787 views Edited Jun 20, 2014

I have a 40gb PS3. 3 Months ago my ps3 would not play any games/movies. I then bought a laser off ebay for $50 and replaced it. I could now play all my games. I recently bought black ops and it wont play. The only way it works is if I play another game first such as modern warfare 2, for around 5-10 mins, and then load black ops. All my other games ( NBA 08, Madden 08, GTA4, Blu Rays, Modern Warfare 1/2) work, only issue is with black ops.  I have exchanged black ops 3 times so its not the disc.

I have tried the maxell blu ray lens cleaner, but that hasn't done anything. 

Anyone know what it could be exactly, all my games work fine on the first try with no freezing, but the only way black ops works is if I play another disc game first for around 5-10 mins. 

Did I buy a cheap laser, or is my laser going to die.

Mod Edit: Updated label. Click here for more info on labels

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 59 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6044 posts

Re: PS3 wont play Black Ops

Nov 15, 2010

Are you serious? this post smells fishy...

Level 9,999 Laharl
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 59 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 15, 2010

Yes I am

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 59 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3035 posts

Nov 15, 2010

KINGDOM_COME wrote:

I have a 40gb PS3. 3 Months ago my ps3 would not play any games/movies. I then bought a laser off ebay for $50 and replaced it. I could now play all my games. I recently bought black ops and it wont play. The only way it works is if I play another game first such as modern warfare 2, for around 5-10 mins, and then load black ops. All my other games ( NBA 08, Madden 08, GTA4, Blu Rays, Modern Warfare 1/2) work, only issue is with black ops.  I have exchanged black ops 3 times so its not the disc.

I have tried the maxell blu ray lens cleaner, but that hasn't done anything. 

Anyone know what it could be exactly, all my games work fine on the first try with no freezing, but the only way black ops works is if I play another disc game first for around 5-10 mins. 

Did I buy a cheap laser, or is my laser going to die.

that is pretty weird maybe it is the lens dying on you, I had the same problem on a different console a couple of years ago, my gamecube would play all my old games except new ones then eventually the lens died and wouldnt play anything else.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 59 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 15, 2010

this is exactly what is happening to me! Its is so annoying and the only game that doesn't register is my brand new BLACK OPS! All other games run in perfect ps3 fashion. However my console is one of the new ones and everything is factory, so i don't think its your laser, it may just be a problem with the game and an update is needed. I called sony support and I'm still under warranty so Ill see how it plays out and weather I have to have them look into it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 59 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 15, 2010

I have gotten 3 copies of black ops so I know its not the game, I will conform just to be sure on a friends console. 

Please update what happends.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 59 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 17, 2010

Same here! My copy played fine for the first three days and then I went to play zombies and it froze my system on the joining match screen then when i turn it back on i cannot choose anything on multiplayer (Core, Barebones, etc.) and cannot even join a match on zombies or load community videos and it wont even load into the first level in campaign mode.... so what the hell treyarch.... maybe you shouldnt have taken over and left it to unfun-ity ward!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 59 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 17, 2010

i did, however, get it to work for about 20 mins before i tried zombies and the unholy crash cycle started all over

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 59 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Nov 17, 2010

delete all save/install files and try again.

Add me to your friends list if you like.... ABSOLUTELY no game-sharing.....
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 59 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 17, 2010

done that over and over and reset after deleting... game data and save files. im so confused. definately worth the add tho.... RedDeadEyeDan

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 59 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes