Nov 21 2011
By: SF-Sand First Son 2 posts

PS3 wont format

1 replies 34 views Edited Nov 21, 2011

Hi my ps3 froze one day and i turned it off by holding the standy by button and did not turn it off from the back. and when i turned it back on it said that the hdd is corrupted and needs to be restored. but then it said a problem has occured and the hdd needs to be formatted but when i press ok it starts to format but freezes or stops at 11% every time i try to format it and most of the times ps3 turns off by itself beeps 3 times and blinks red. every time my ps3 has frozen i always turned it of by holding the stand by button or whatever its called and never turn it off from the back and when it does turn on properly it says that my ps3 was shut off improperly and need to hold the power button for 2 sec until it turns off ect. now it wont format and when i try the safety menu none of the options work and when i choose restore to default settings (the second to last choice) it stays on the screen with it saying "RESTORING TO DEFAULT SETTINGS... DO NOT TURN OFF THE SYSTEM" and will never finish and it is not frozen because the spinning thing on the top right corner is always moving/spinning. is it because of the hdd that i need to switch/ fix. i have an 80gb fat ps3.

Message 1 of 2 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: PS3 wont format

Nov 21, 2011

I'm not sure why you tagged it 'ylod', but it might be new hard drive time for you. Unfortunately, it's one of the worst times to buy a hard drive right now with the flooding in Thailand.

Message 2 of 2 (34 Views)
0 Likes