Mar 04 2013
By: dosel123 Lombax Warrior 178 posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 vs gtx 280 PC vs console

4 replies 192 views Edited Mar 4, 2013

People keep complaining about how pc is more supiriort.  While i do have a custom pc i made console is way more cheaper and more efficient.  A 6 year old console keeps up so well with all these latest games uncharted,killzone while a 4 year old gtx 280 wont stand a chance with high settings on these new games.

Even though hardware keeps coming out thats not always good. developers have to make games with current or upcoming tech. they wont waste time with old hardware like 9800gt or even gtx 280. console wins in the end in simplicity.  Although its been months since i played on ps3 the mouse wins in the end.

What ps4 needs is a better quality controller. i saw the controller but they need high quality joysticks and overall better build quality.  the controller is the most crucial part of gaming mouse and keyboard or gamepad.  And it also needs universal sensitivity .  When your playing a game with terrible controls like farcry 2 or resistance 1 and 2 then play a game like cod or farcry 3 it feels different. I think sony needs a universal sensitivty that with alot of options to make all games feel right. so you dont play one game and get used to it then suck at for say, bf3 which was the reason i built a rig to play it on pc becuase of the mouse

Message 1 of 5 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Re: PS3 vs gtx 280 PC vs console

Mar 4, 2013

Sony has nothing to do with the sensitivity thats all in the game..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 2 of 5 (182 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Mar 4, 2013

yea but they could force games to use sonys sensitivity it would be eaiser on devs think about it maybe not i dont care i dont play consoles anymore

Message 3 of 5 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
789 posts

Mar 4, 2013

dosel123 wrote:

People keep complaining about how pc is more supiriort.  While i do have a custom pc i made console is way more cheaper and more efficient.  A 6 year old console keeps up so well with all these latest games uncharted,killzone while a 4 year old gtx 280 wont stand a chance with high settings on these new games.

You're wrong. Plain & simple. I dont have the time to explain why everything you said is BS, but I'll hit a couple of points.

First off, a PS3 doesnt run the above mentioned games at full quality. it runs them at a level the hardware can handle.
Second, ever since the early 2000s game devs have been making games that require more CPU and less GPU power than their predecessors. (FYI my "old" rig w/ a 9800GT holds up just fine for its age)

When the PS3 released, it was $600 (in the USA). At that time, a well built "gaming" pc could be had for around the same price that would run circles around the console, and have a much larger selection of games to choose from.

Consoles have their niche, I have one myself, but comparing them to a pc is just silly. Its an apples to oranges comparison.

Message 4 of 5 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Mar 4, 2013
But compare a ps3 to games like uncharted where there is really good graphics now try having even a newer gtx 280 run that game it probally wont run well becuase pc games are optimised for newest hardware
Message 5 of 5 (143 Views)
0 Likes