Battlefield 4 on PS3=24 players max at a time....PS4=64....Need another example?
Also at 60FPS and 900P
Yeah... I'm debating on changing one of my links in the PS4 Mega thread after being told to check out this...
Maybe due to the fact our TV's/consoles have the options of 720p, 1080i, and 1080p only (4k displays withstanding) that Sony might have just slapped the 1080p on the box in retail and digital regardless it's 900p due to this fact...
NEW? Read First! | PS4 HDD Speed Tests | PlayStation VR : Everything About it so Far | [GUIDE] Improve Your DS4 Battery Life | [Tutorial] Swap Stock HD & Install New One in PS4 | My PlayStation Gold Headsets Review | INFO Threads : What I've Helped With and Create | Sneak Peek of my Future INFO Threads
What is the real difference between games that are available on both the PS3 and PS4? Are the differences really that big if they are the same game on different consoles?
I'll give you one Game for example...
During a conference held by Nvidia in Montreal we learned further details on the differences we’ll see in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag between the next generation versions (including PC) and the versions on previous generation consoles, introduced by Associate Producer Sylvain Trottier
According to the presenter all the technology has been created on PC first and then ported to the consoles, and next generation versions will include the following visual goodies:
- Dynamic foliage (foliage will also be far denser and rendered at a longer distance).
- Rain/Wet Surfaces with 3D rain and particles independently lit. Puddles will be created as it rains. Rain will move with the wind.
- Parallax Occlusion mapping will make objects smoother.
- Screen Space Reflections with full reflections on surfaces, like the ocean.
- Volumetric Fog with fog rendered through locations, impacted by lighting.
- Lighted particles with smoke from cannon fire lit up over distance, such as ships battling at night.
- High Resolution textures.
- HBAO ambient occlusion.
- Improved shadows.
- Motion blur, depth of field, lens flares, god rays, etc.
Proof is in the pudding, lets see some screens!
Rain – old gen
Rain – next gen
No Parallax Occlusion mapping – old gen
Digital Foundry will soon be HAPPY to let you know the differences between current and next gen versions of titles, it's going to upset a few current gen owners here and on the web though (expect "Lazy Developers" to be a norm word soon despite the obvious power differences).
Think of it in pc settings as
Ps3- low- medium. Exclusives like the last of us and heavy rain - high.
^ this basically applies and
does rain look better (falling down) last gen or is it just me
also, it seems in last gen games always had rain and not snow, the only time I saw snow was in battlefield and it didint even snow, just had snow on mountain in the DLC. it snowed breifly in GTA in the begining and ending. Bring back SNOW!