Mar 25 2011
By: DaJokerNikka First Son 3 posts

PS3 turns on but stays at a black screen!!! Please Help!!!

5 replies 9240 views Edited Mar 25, 2011

Alright people i have a problem, my PS3 would turn on and it would go to a wavy screen and it was stuck... Now when i turn it on all i get is a black screen :L What do I do?

Anyone who has a solution will be acknowledged forever! I'm open to ideas!

Message 1 of 6 (9,240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Re: PS3 turns on but stays at a black screen!!! Please Help!!!

Mar 25, 2011

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/?a_id=1488

Execute safe mode when the PS3™ is experiencing the following symptoms:

• When the PS3™ system is started up, the XMB™ menu is not displayed (only the wave screen background appears)
  • When the PS3™ system is started up, nothing appears on the screen
Photobucket
Message 2 of 6 (9,240 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Mar 25, 2011

Yeah, I've had the same problem before and I do now. When you turn the PS3 on and the screen is black, go to safe mode, and it will appear, then you can go to restore file system. If that doesn't work, try default settings, if that doesn't work, time to get desperate and try options 4 and 5. If that doesn't work, wait til the next update to fix it.

Last summer, I had that problem, and nothing would work until I started playing around with the PS3 by turning it off and on repeatedly, and go to safe mode to option 3, until the screen showed. It would take 5 minutes, the next time it would take 40 minutes, but it worked, until the update fixed it. Now, last month a week after the 3.56 update, my PS3 had the same problem again, but this time when I played around with it, it did not work. I waited for the 3.60 update, and it didn't work. Now, I can wait for the next update or send it in, which is no time soon anyway.

Message 3 of 6 (9,240 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Mar 25, 2011

why do you people get all these problems and I never have any problems? Except for the time my 4 year old ps3 died.

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Message 4 of 6 (9,240 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Mar 26, 2011

I don't know about you, but I haven't done anything to my PS3. I was playing one day, turned it off, then the next day it wasn't working. There should be no explanation as to why my PS3(next gen) isn't working, but my PS2(last gen) works good til this day(almost 10 years). Shouldn't the PS2 be having problems, but not the PS3? That's kind of funny.

Message 5 of 6 (9,240 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Nov 25, 2011

I have the same problem! At first it turned one on the wave screen thingy and it didnt made a sound, then it stayed there, but when I tried toshut it off the power button gives off 3 quick beeps and it wont do anything, and  I go to safe mode, but when I choose the options it goes of to the black screen and the remote lights keep bleeking as if it isint connected or is trying to connectidk what tod o it happend from night to morning =.= Only thing I havent tried on safe mode is Restore The Ps3 (wich owuld be my last option) and System updates Anyone wanna help? xD Its appriciate it!

Message 6 of 6 (9,240 Views)