Feb 23 2013
By: bobafet1999 First Son 2 posts

PS3 to PS Vita transfer question?

4 replies 128 views Edited Feb 23, 2013

Okay so here is my situation, I have the old playstation 3 fat now it downloads at A VERY SLOW RATE. That's a side issue I'm not worried about. What I want to do is get PSP games that you can't directly download from the PS Vita store. Now could I do this, buy Star wars battlefront 2 on media go, download it on my computer, transfer it to my ps3 already downloaded (USB thumbstick), then transfer it to my vita? Or does media go not allow this? Or is there a better method which goes around downloading it on the PS3, or the vita store?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Re: PS3 to PS Vita transfer question?

Feb 23, 2013

I have never tried Media Go before, so I don't know. What I do is: I buy the psp game from the PSN Store from within the PS3, download the game onto the PS3 and then transfer it to the Vita via the content manager. Now you can still purchase the game through Media Go and try to transfer it to your Vita by the method you described (since your PS3 is slow), if that doesn't work you will just have to be patient and download it with your PS3, since regardless how you buy the game from PSN it will always be available in your download list.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1291 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Is your PS3 networked wireless, or wired? If it downloads to slow over WiFi try plugging it directly into your router/modem
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 23, 2013

I can try to plug in the PS3 directy to my modem, thanks for the advice! 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (101 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11314 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Media Go can only transfer content between PC and PSP. It cannot transfer to PS3 or Vita.

So your only option is to hook up wired (as was recommended) or to deal with the slow download rate.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (94 Views)
0 Likes