Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 25 2010
By: BaSsReZ First Son 3 posts

PS3 slim hard disk corrupted and cannot enter safemode. new harddrive a fix?

7 replies 385 views Edited Apr 25, 2010

Hello i bought my ps3 slim in december and thursday morning i turned on my ps3 to see nothing but a blank screen then 3-4 minutes later a message pops up. " Cannot start, hard disc format not reckognized". went online and checked the faqs for the matter, took out hdd put back in and tried to enter safe mode but cant.

i followed the directions hold the power button for 3 beeps. but i never get a solid 3rd beep its always a double deep then it shuts down. so i hold the power button again and wait for the same double beep ive heard before just to wait for 4 minutes and see the same message pop up.

contacted sony went over the same steps again, asked the woman if the hdd was supposed to click and she said yah it is which i thought was weird, but came to a conclusion to send it in which is i guess my only option. but i was wondering would a new harddrive be a fix for this problem or does it seem more of a mechanical problem whithen the ps3?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Re: PS3 slim hard disk corrupted and cannot enter safemode. new harddrive a fix?

Apr 25, 2010

Should of tried the firmware trick... Upload the PS3 firmware from the bottom right hand corner of this page, and put it onto a flash drive. (make sure you do the PS3 folder thing that it explains to you on the download website!) Plug the flash drive into the PS3, and also plug in the controller. As you turn on the PS3, hold the start and select buttons. The PS3 should boot of the flash drive, so you can fix the problem.

ps3 ylod.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: PS3 slim hard disk corrupted and cannot enter safemode. new harddrive a fix?

Apr 25, 2010

thx imma try that right now

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Apr 25, 2010

...and if that doesn't work, try and see if you can get your computer to format the drive and then plug it back into your PS3. If that doesn't work then yeah get a new hard drive.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 25, 2010

flashdrive didnt work and my pc cant format this drive. any recomendations for a good cheap hard drive?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Apr 25, 2010
Call Sony man - get it replaced for free - why spend more money?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Safe mode. Restore..... Dont update from internet!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I never get the third beep either and it just goes to the safe mode,  I even told the lady on the phone that at Sony.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (364 Views)
0 Likes