Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 23 2012
By: jankenneth_10 First Son 2 posts

PS3 "readjusting" disc after I put it in

3 replies 84 views Edited Dec 23, 2012

So here's the problem:

I put the disc in, it makes a whirring noise, then buzzes, "readjusts" the disc, whirs and buzzes again. It does not read nor recognize the disc.

It all started when the PS3 froze while I was playing AC3, it restarted and I turned it on then it began doing the above. It has happened before and it didn't end up like this.

I have been looking around the net and they say its either the laser or BD motor or whatever its called. Please don't tell me its the laser, I just had that replaced a month ago.

Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Re: PS3 "readjusting" disc after I put it in

Dec 24, 2012

I have this exact same issue!

However this started happening for me when I was playing Black Ops 2. The menu just froze but I was able to get out to the XMB, something which I'm not normally able to do during a freeze. 

If anyone knows a solution please help!

Guyana_Bandit Trophy Card

Message 2 of 4 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that!

The game froze but not the PS3, I could still go to the XMB menu but when I tried to quit the game, it restarted and on me.

Then that was when it all went awry.

Message 3 of 4 (44 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 24, 2012
i dont know what to tell you guys besides call sony support. if its in the 1 year warranty period then you got nothing to worry about. if you got an old 60 gb then i think its like $150 to fix. $100 if its a newer model. id just go ahead and get it fixed. i got my 60gb fixed by them a long time ago. i swear there refurbs are of the highest quality. its practically brand new. even smelt like new even though it was a factory refurb. not even a scratch on the consoled sleek black case. refurbs come with a 90 day warranty the last i checked
Message 4 of 4 (34 Views)
0 Likes