Highlighted
Feb 17 2012
By: mikeyanderson7 First Son 2 posts

PS3 partially ejecting discs

2 replies 83 views Edited Feb 17, 2012

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem with my PS3.  When i put a disc in the disc drive, not matter if its a cd, dvd or game, it goes in all the way then after a couple second pause the disc drive mechanism starts again and it won't read the disc.  It was just working a couple weeks ago and I wanted to watch a movie and it won't work.  the little light near the eject button flashes when the mechanism strarts but the disc doesn't come out or anything.  It's a little over a year old as I got it last christmas and I have not had any other problems with it.  After the drive mechanism finishes I'm able to eject the disc like normal, so i'm not sure whats wrong.

Message 1 of 3 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS3 partially ejecting discs

Feb 20, 2012

Can anyone help? i really want to use my ps3 again.

Message 2 of 3 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: PS3 partially ejecting discs

Feb 20, 2012

your laser lens is shot....it's happened to me twice...1st time repair shop charged me $125 to replace just the laser lens, 2nd time a year later....I ordered a new drive from from ebay installed it...been happily gaming since....u need to replace your blu ray drive....very common problem...there r videos on you tube to show you how to do this. Good Luck

Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)
0 Likes