I recently returned home from being elsewhere, my PS3 will no longer display on the TV that I had previously used it on, but I am getting sound.
I have looked all over the net for fixes and none have worked. Particularly the fix where you hold down the power button. I have tried this a million times and it will not work. I have restarted, moved cables around change TV settings and nothing will work.
Please some help!
Get your Portable ID!
buddy unless you are willing to accept that its broken, or keep trying the video reset function you have no choice but to do the tv thing...there is no other way...just take your ps3 to a best buy and hook it up to one of their tvs on display...... they will let u...problem solved
Get your Portable ID!
Hve you tried the I/O switch on the back of the PS3, I'm thinking you have an older FAT system. If you have then you may have either bad cables or a bad connector on the back.
What cables have you tried? HDMI, composite, component etc etc...
You can get HDMI cable inexpensively at www.monoprice.com to test the cable issue if your cable went bad...
Chat with a PlayStation Specialist
Mon - Sat, 6:00AM - 10pm , Sunday 8am-8pm Pacific
Consumer Services and Technical Support____ 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM Pacific
Playstation Network Accounts and Billing Support____1-877-971-7669
Playstation Forums Support MVP. I do not work for Sony. Just a helpful gamer.
You may just want to try a full reset from the recovery menu.
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, release the power button. Then, hold it again until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The recovery menu has the follow options:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System