Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 18 2012
By: infernalcolonel First Son 2 posts

PS3 has no video output; won't pair with controllers

3 replies 72 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

I have a slim model PS3 I bought new in the summer of 2011.  I've never had any problems with it whatsoever.

I left it off for 2-3 months, and when I tried to turn it on, I had no video output via HDMI.  I tried a different [known working] cable, same problem.  I then tried connecting the composite cables, still no video.  I also tried the video reset trick involving turning it on but holding down the power button until it beeps a second time (and the one where it beeps a third time and goes back to standby mode).  I did this both with only the composite cables connected, and with only hdmi connected.

Also, I noticed neither of my controllers were paired with it anymore...I tried connecting them via USB to reconnect them, and they acted like there was no PS3 present.

Do I have any options other than calling Sony?  Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: PS3 has no video output; won't pair with controllers

Dec 21, 2012

Hi there and Welcome to the PSF (PS Forums),

You can start by viewing one of many similar posts regarding 'video' issues...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/I-turned-my-Ps3-slim-on-this-morning-and-the-co...

As for your 'controller' issues, the same applies for the cable connection ports. Also, re-assign the settings to configure the compatiblity for both of your controllers, within the peripheral section of the XMB.

Please keep all of us (in general) posted regardless of your outcome.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (56 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Umm...thanks, but I did that.  I DID look at other posts.  Because of the controller issues (which normally re-pair by simply plugging them in via USB, which did NOT work here), I think there may be something bigger going on.

The post you linked me to told me absolutely nothing, and it was in no way the same problem I have.  I've tried everything.  I've switched cables, I've done the reboots by holding down the power button for 2 and 3 beeps, respectively, I've tried using composite AND/OR HDMI, and nothing is working.  While I'm sure that it gets annoying when people don't search the forums for repeat issues, I DID THAT, and you casually pointing me to issues that don't apply to me is insulting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Hi there,

I apologize if I offended you in any way but I was only trying to help (like others here).
The link was in regards to your 'video issue' only btw.

Please wait patiently for others to sort out this.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (51 Views)
0 Likes