Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: PS3 > HDMI > DVI > LCD Monitor

Feb 13, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Because there is a Support/Knowledge section where you can find out how to reset the video settings.......

-Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open. -There's no limit to what brainwashed people can rationalize

The KB article's not relevant, since his monitor won't do 480p. He'll be going about it blindly since his monitor doesn't do 480i nor 480p. He's stuck trying to use an unsupported configuration.

NekoCahlan, now that you can see what you're doing, try figuring out the sequence of steps to test your old Staples monitor. See if 720p works.

Message 11 of 17 (454 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 13, 2012

Dear Neko,

I created an account on this forum simply to reply to you.

Have you heard of Google?

Funny, I typed in

HOW TO SET UP PS3 VIDEO SETTINGS BLIND

and came up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmAIq9nhOAk

Hope it helps, and next time maybe you can find it YOURSELF.  This way you won't have to wait for somebody to make you custom instructions.  :-)

And if the video isn't clear, look down in the description.  All of the steps are spelled out.

Not sure why you wouldn't just reconnect the system to the CRT just to get the settings right.  Just think, for the price of the 19", you could have hired somebody to do it for you!

Tool.

Message 12 of 17 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 13, 2012

It's a good guide, but it doesn't show how to have 720p selected in the custom list of resolutions though. I don't know if the PS3 could reliably auto-detect the resolutions from the Staples monitor too.

Message 13 of 17 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 13, 2012

yewslus1 wrote:

Not sure why you wouldn't just reconnect the system to the CRT just to get the settings right.  Just think, for the price of the 19", you could have hired somebody to do it for you!

I just hooked up my TV tuner via S-Video to test. When I choose HDMI, the PS3 will prompt me whether to switch to HDMI or cancel. Switching to HDMI shuts off the S-Video output. And then it's blind there on. As far as I know, there's no way to browse the custom list of resolutions and choose 720p before switching video outputs.

Message 14 of 17 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Thank you for your worthless reply. It didn't help at all. I already DID Google it, and found that video. However, the video doesnt help me one bit. I specifically need to set ONLY 720p. I can't let it auto-detect, nor use 480i/480p/1080i/1080p. Also, you cannot set it to do this while not in HDMI mode, which would result in a black screen for me.

Way to stick to your name, useless. Go be useless somewhere else.

60GB PS3 CECHA01 upgraded to hybrid 500GB HDD/pink DualShock 3 -------------------------- 3G Black Vita/32GB card

psplus
Message 15 of 17 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Heres a thought..... get rid of the monitor......

Furiously Chaosing
Message 16 of 17 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
498 posts

Feb 15, 2012

NekoCahlan wrote:

Like it matters. How hard is it for someone to take <2 minutes and document how to set up 720P only in HDMI blind and post it?

60GB PS3 CECHA01 upgraded to hybrid 500GB HDD/Artic MX-4 thermal compound/thermal pads changed/19 blade fan/APS-226 power supply/pink DualShock 3

No one wants to help someone who demands answers and then throws a fit when no one helps. I think I speak for many around here when I say you just proved why no one should have helped you in the first place. Just sayin.....

It would have taken a lot more than 2 minutes to try it out and document every stick movement and button press, type it up and post it. Probably about the same amount of time it would take you to borrow a buddies TV set it up, document it yourself, then repeat it for real with your monitor. I mean, who really doesn't have access to a SINGLE HD TV these days????

And for the record, call me useless, or whatever name you want. I don't really care. I wouldn't lift a finger to help you after that outburst.

Message 17 of 17 (454 Views)
0 Likes