Dec 30 2011
By: beaverNBFD First Son 2 posts

PS3 freezing, looking for help

2 replies 30 views Edited Dec 30, 2011

Okay so here's the thing, my ps3 which is a couple years old keeps freezing during my games. From what i can see it usually freezes during a loading screen and not during actual game play. The problem started when i got MW3, i can play one game online usually but at the end of the 2nd game, the point at where it freezes all the time is when it shows the scoreboard and the game is just about to switch to the lobby it hard freezes and i have to turn off my ps3 completly. I have tried to use the options in safe mode and also reformatted but no luck. It hasn't been happening for a while, i was thinking it could have something to do the the update so i re-installed it and again no luck. And i don't think it's over-heating because i can watch Netflix movies for hours. I also vacuumed my vents to revome dust.

What are your guys's thoughts and suggestions on this?

Message 1 of 3 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Re: PS3 freezing, looking for help

Dec 30, 2011

When I was buying my MW3 game, the retailer said that 2011 games is not that good for old PS3 (fat version like mine). He said that it can make my PS3 go RLOD, and so it happened. But then, I placed my PS3 in a cooler place, and it stopped getting RLOD. I believe your PS3 need some proper ventilation.

Message 2 of 3 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS3 freezing, looking for help

Dec 30, 2011

I don't know how i could get more ventilated thought, i cleaned it and it stands on its side on a hardwood floor with the vent side facing up. It seems to have spread to all my games now where as before it was just MW3. I'm totally confused by this situation.

Message 3 of 3 (30 Views)
0 Likes