Oct 14 2012
By: killa1b91 Lombax Warrior 140 posts

PS3 disk drive light problem

3 replies 91 views Edited Oct 14, 2012

My ps3 blu-ray drive is kinda busted. The drive reads a disk then gives an error after it's loaded or it wont load the disk at all. I bought a YLOD ps3 to exchange the drives hoping for a fix, but after neither worked and the blue light on the ps3 blinks and then stops and it acts as if a disk was never inserted in the drive. The block in the drive come up and the disk gets stuck. The problem is how to make the ps3 read that a disk is in the drive. I also switched a few ribbons and cords. Nothing is really working.

killa1b91
Message 1 of 4 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9869 posts

Re: PS3 disk drive light problem

Oct 14, 2012
Buy a new PS3.
Message 2 of 4 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 14, 2012

weird-same thing happened to us after the July update-the dvds and netfix would work, but games and bluray did not-another big update came a week or so ago now it totally works-would love to know if others had this problem with ps3-obviously the July update corrupted the bluray reader and the recent update was a fix-thanks for telling us playstation and then taking three months to fix it.

Message 3 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 14, 2012

killa1b91 wrote:

My ps3 blu-ray drive is kinda busted. The drive reads a disk then gives an error after it's loaded or it wont load the disk at all. I bought a YLOD ps3 to exchange the drives hoping for a fix, but after neither worked and the blue light on the ps3 blinks and then stops and it acts as if a disk was never inserted in the drive. The block in the drive come up and the disk gets stuck. The problem is how to make the ps3 read that a disk is in the drive. I also switched a few ribbons and cords. Nothing is really working.

I'm assuming you have a older fat PS3 model.

Attached to each BD drive on these models is a daugherboard, these daughterboards are married to the specifc motherboard they originally came with, if you try to swap them then the BD drive won't work.

What you need ot do is to exchange the daughterboard in your working PS3 with the working BD drive, then it should work for you...

Message 4 of 4 (74 Views)
0 Likes