Nov 25 2009
By: delta_hunter Lombax Warrior 129 posts

PS3 disc read error, and freezing. HELP!!

21 replies 6691 views Edited Nov 25, 2009
ok guys yesterday i was playing MW2 and it just straight froze on me. than it says failure in starting launch operation. i did some youtube searching, and i tried the restore database, and the restore system files. and it worked for like 45 mins. then it froze again. the whole time sometimes it would work, then the next second it would freeze. then wont start at all. then works again. im just getting frustrated, and im running out of patience. WHAT DO I DO?
Mag Beta Valor Camo Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1 of 22 (6,691 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Re: PS3 disc read error, and freezing. HELP!!

Nov 25, 2009
am i gonna have to have it fixed?
Message 2 of 22 (6,691 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 26, 2009
you're not alone. same thing happened to me today. it won't read any blu-ray disc at all now. so frustrating.
Message 3 of 22 (6,691 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Nov 26, 2009
Unfortunately you're gonna have to send it off to Sony. I had the same problem last week and called Sony and they told me it was a hardware problem that's most likely with the Blu-Ray drive.
Spham23 Trophy Card
Message 4 of 22 (6,691 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2113 posts

Nov 26, 2009

All I know is when it freezes at anytime don't turn it off from the back and you're fine. example, Yesterday I had like 8 electrical appliances going at once in my house and a circuit blew and my PS3 went off midgame of MW2, When I turned the power back on and turned my PS3 back on  I get the same message I used to get on my vaio laptop when It would freeze and I'd pull the power plug about improperly shutting down. The back power button should be called the Doomsday Button, only use it if all other options at diplomacy have failed!

" PS3 CREED"
This is my PS3.There are many like it but this one is mine. My PS3 is my best friend.It is my life.I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my PS3 is useless. Without my PS3 I am useless. I must fire my dual shock true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to frag me. I must shoot him before he shoots me.I will before Kevin Butler swear this creed. My PS3 and myself are defenders of my clan. we are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it until there is no XB but peace. Amen.
Message 5 of 22 (6,691 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Nov 26, 2009

All I know is when it freezes at anytime don't turn it off from the back and you're fine. example, Yesterday I had like 8 electrical appliances going at once in my house and a circuit blew and my PS3 went off midgame of MW2, When I turned the power back on and turned my PS3 back on  I get the same message I used to get on my vaio laptop when It would freeze and I'd pull the power plug about improperly shutting down. The back power button should be called the Doomsday Button, only use it if all other options at diplomacy have failed!

(had no idea how to quote that)

So you're saying that turning it off from the back is a doomsday button? My good sir I beg to differ. I do that when mine freezes and he still works like a stallion ;D

Trust me i've done it about 100 times (Becasue I played Fallout3 Goty Version)

So I think you are wronggg.

Mikedemyx Trophy Card
Message 6 of 22 (6,691 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Nov 26, 2009
I'm getting major freezes now. My ps3 freezes a lot since the new firmware. My friends are also facing the same situation. My Ps3 better not bust because of this, 'cause I ain't paying to repair my ps3 for something the firmware has caused
Message 7 of 22 (6,691 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Nov 26, 2009

Does it happen to any other one of your games? If not, try trading the MW2 disc for a brand new version (if you're still in warranty). If its all games, then yes, you have to ship it to sony.

Good luck !

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Bloo_Tiger
Message 8 of 22 (6,691 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 26, 2009
I have the same problem, my ps3 hangs on demos/games downloaded from psn and does not read any of my game discs neither
Message 9 of 22 (6,691 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Nov 26, 2009
ya ive been trying to fix it all day. it seems that if i leave it alone for awhile, and get back on it will work for about an hour, then it goes into its regular freeze mode at the beginning or end of a MW2 match. it mostly freezes when you are about to launch into a game from the pre-game setup. and it freezes at the very end when it has all the scores up. it never freezes in mid game ever. so right now im playing in little gaps of time.
Message 10 of 22 (6,691 Views)
0 Likes