Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Re: PS3 disc not spinning after replacing lens

Dec 13, 2008
OP, you said the metal wing wasn't touching the rail right? Why didn't you just remove the old one from your dead laser and place it on the new one? Did you read my thread and see the pics on page 4? I mentioned that you'll need both the metal wing and the white plastic gear guide.

Since I'm on my iPhone at the moment, I can't post the pic I used in the thread over there. You're going to have to take a look on page 4 towards the bottom half of the page or so. I kinda wish you didn't send it back yet.

The other option you can do is remove just the laser from the new deck completely and install just that part into your PS3's deck and it will work also. To me, this way is much easier. No need to fool around with springs and soldering irons etc.

Keep us posted
PS3 60GB w/ Self Replaced ($60.00) KES-400AAA laser on 12/11/08....STILL going strong!
Message 21 of 31 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Dec 13, 2008

tiguy99 wrote:
OP, you said the metal wing wasn't touching the rail right? Why didn't you just remove the old one from your dead laser and place it on the new one? Did you read my thread and see the pics on page 4? I mentioned that you'll need both the metal wing and the white plastic gear guide.

Since I'm on my iPhone at the moment, I can't post the pic I used in the thread over there. You're going to have to take a look on page 4 towards the bottom half of the page or so. I kinda wish you didn't send it back yet.

The other option you can do is remove just the laser from the new deck completely and install just that part into your PS3's deck and it will work also. To me, this way is much easier. No need to fool around with springs and soldering irons etc.

Keep us posted

It was easier to just bend the wing a little, and the white plastic part was already on, so my last mission seems to be the anti-static mission.

Message 22 of 31 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5010 posts

Dec 13, 2008

sickswiff wrote:

tjnamtiw wrote:

thostby wrote:

I changed my lens (the hole deck) after figuring out it was the lens that was the problem.

Now I can't get my ps to spin any discs at all.

What could be the source of this problem?

Anyone had same problem and got it fixed?

I've been looking at so many forums now, but can't find a clear answer to the not spinning problem.

Should I get a new PS3 Driver IC BD7956FS or a Drive Board for PS3 ?

The lens I bought was the 400aaa or so, with the brown clip.

Appreciate all replies (except: ppl telling me to send it to sony, that is not an option!)

One of the failure modes of the PS3 that gives a disk error message results in the disk not spinning at all.  People think that it just doesn't read the disk; however, the disk doesn't spin at all.  Maybe, just maybe, that was your  error from the beginning and replacing the lens wouldn't have helped solve the problem.

He's changing the complete deck....Not just the lens and it's a new one so once he removes the points then he will be o.k that his problem he didn't take the Antic points out the new lens...SWIFF.....
Message Edited by sickswiff on 12-13-2008 06:27 AM

my pc is running very slow ...Just google it o.k.
Message Edited by sickswiff on 12-13-2008 07:06 AM
Message Edited by sickswiff on 12-13-2008 07:09 AM
Message 23 of 31 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Dec 13, 2008

I have to say I cant find anything googling ps3 anti static soldier point or similar words. Pictures that is.

There must be someone that have posted a pic with describtion of the antistatic soldier whereabouts.

Message 24 of 31 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
516 posts

Jan 17, 2009
Has anyone found info bout solder point. I have bought a new lens also and I cant get my ps3 to read anything.  The disc spins and it tries to read discs but just doesnt do it.
PSN ID: Ghost-Reapr
Founder and Owner of team FMJ
Check out my ebay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/BallZ34-of-Hollywood

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 25 of 31 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5931 posts

Jan 17, 2009
if u cant fix it and dont want to send it to sony then u mine as well chuck the duce to the psn community
Message 26 of 31 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 11, 2010

Were did you buy the laser for 60 dollars? I have a 80 gig ps3 could anyone tell me were I can find a cheap replacement laser?

Message 27 of 31 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
733 posts

Oct 19, 2010

my ps3 didn't spin the disc. replaced the lens and it is working perfectly fine now. the lens you bought was defective. sent it back and get a new one. my ps3 was CECHH01 phat ps3.

Message 28 of 31 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
733 posts

Oct 19, 2010

dont listen to those people saying solder joints, missing parts, control board etc. it is really hard for a control board not the work and i;ve never heard of solder joints. I fixed 5 ps3s now and i think i know better than they do.

Message 29 of 31 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 8, 2013

So.. did someone sort out the problem? I know it's old post but can’t find any "solved" status anywhere. I've already replaced my lens twice thinking that first one was faulty, First time I've replaced the whole deck kem400aaa, ps3 was working for 3 months and it stopped to read BD discs again. This time I've replaced the lens alone, and my ps3 did read the B-ray game and started to installing it, but after few minutes 50% of installation console froze, and stopped spinning any media this time! Smiley Mad So there are clearly no solder joints etc.. So bad motor? New one don't think so, bad lens? Both new one, don't think so. My aim is going to be for drive logic board or drive controller on the motherboard. Can someone finally verify and give a solution ? PLEASE Smiley Indifferent

Message 30 of 31 (650 Views)
0 Likes