Jan 17 2010
By: SkySniper920 Uncharted Territory 1847 posts

PS3 chat room, blocking random words

4 replies 214 views Edited Jan 17, 2010
Lately i have started using the chatroom alot more, since more people i know have ps3s, but i have noticed that it blocks random parts of words, i used the word engine, and it comes up as *****e, and i use connect it bleeps *****ct, i fidn this realy anoying bc after it bleeps i gotta do this e n g i n e to get wat im saying across. bump if you find this realy realy REALY anoying and pointless......
Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars
Message 1 of 5 (214 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8180 posts

Re: PS3 chat room, blocking random words

Jan 17, 2010

Hah, that's Sony's chat filter to prevent "naughty" words from going across.

Heck, even the word "Assassin's Creed " get's blocked because there is tha "a" word in it.

Message 2 of 5 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3393 posts

Jan 17, 2010
its stupid, the chat room isnt public, its private, im suppose to say whatever i want...

Message 3 of 5 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4913 posts

Jan 17, 2010
Yeah PSChat is insanely over censored.

There's words that don't even make since that are filtered, for example:

Assassin's Creed = ***assin's Creed (Why won't it filter the other "ass" in "assassin"?!
homosexual = *******ual (filtering both homo AND sex)
Damn = Completely filtered
Bugger = Completely filtered.. again, bugger?!.. seriously?!
Japanese = ***anese (Obviously because the "**bleep**" first 3 letters is derogatory, but shouldn't there be a "whitelist" of words that include possible bad words?)

Those are the ones I recall off the top of my list, but there's DOZENS of full-words (Like bugger) that are filtered that don't even come remotely close to being "bad words"
Message Edited by Rayvolution on 01-16-2010 06:06 PM
Miss me? Come say hi over at my new programming project page, Retro-Pixel Castles.
Hopefully coming to Steam in 2015!
Message 4 of 5 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 19, 2012
yeah. i find it completely stupid that they dont at the very least give us the option of turning the censor off. Let me give a speech real qwick.. I play Dark souls.. ALOT... and because of the difficulty of the game, i get alot of hate mail from people. ive been sitting there with my little brother playing dark souls, and people will send me messages saying F*** YOU, and PIECE OF S***, only these words come up in the subject of these messages uncensored for my little brother to see clearly. there is no way of preventing rascist slander and curse words from showing up on my screen in bold letters... i can bann these people, and i have, but there is always someone else who gets ticked off and decides to tell me im a "STUPID FA***T".. without the censor. you cant censor incoming messages that show up on your screen from random strangers, but when your talking to your friends through a PRIVATE chatroom, you get the dumbest things censored out. you cant say Assassins creed, you cant say bite, you cant say "sorry, i dont speak japanese" there is a whole list of words that i will soon compile that are either completely censored out, or partially censored.. yesterday, i told my friend through chat that i was on level 206. it censored out 206. i really dont understand that one, the chat does not censor out boob for some reason, which, doesnt make sense with all the other nonsense they censor. I cant have a casual conversation with someone without getting multiple words ****'d out. yet, at the same time, i can get messages that show up on my screen whether i like it or not, that can say whatever they feel like,. I have been called numerous things from angry darksouls players ranging from the N-word, to the B-word, and just about whatever else they feel like saying to me. and there is nothing i can do to prevent my little brother from seeing these rascist and slanderous words, yet, i cant have a private conversation with my friend without getting fed up with the chat room and having to do things like 2 0 6 , and A S S A S S I N S C R E E D... me, as well as probably most other chat users have become significantly sick of this. Dear Sony, GIVE US THE OPTION OF TURNING OFF THE CENSOR FOR CHAT MESSAGES WE RECIEVE.. and for pity's sake actually censor the nonsense message subject text that we have no choice but to see. it makes no sense to censor a private chat room, yet have messages that are not censored that show up on the screen for little kids to see. I see a complete hole in your logic here sony, and im sure most everyone else in this place agrees.... please for the love of god give us the option of uncensoring our chat... leave the censor default, but give us the option to uncensor what we recieve.. this has gotten to the point of ridiculousness.
Message 5 of 5 (209 Views)
0 Likes