Sackboy
431 posts

Re: PS3 can't read game discs but can read movies fine. o.O

Jan 4, 2011

Mine was pissing me off to, but i had the oppostie symptoms. It'd read games, but no blu rays. The rpbolem wwas dust. All i did was run a maxwell blu ray cleaner a few times, and the vaccum the vents. It runs fine now.

Kudos are welcome

Get your Portable ID!
Message 11 of 14 (2,434 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 21, 2012

hi, i had the same problem with my ps3, what i did to fix and didnt cost me a penny. firsly you have to download a older version of the ps3 software for example 4.11 which i used, secondly download it to a USB device, then put your ps3 in safe mode and go to software update click on it make sure you have the USB plugged in to your ps3, press start and select together and it should start the process of installing the software after this your console will restart. when your ps3 has started up perform a software update to the current and latest firmware after you download the new software it will install it and you should be good to go, i dont know if it will work for everyone but it worked for me, hope this helps, if you need more info just reply i will be happy yo help.

Message 12 of 14 (2,370 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Bro I really thought you were onto something here, I figured though seeing as my ps3 froze within under 1 hour of psn store update it could have corrupted the hard drives psn update, but i tried your instructions to the letter and even though I could reformat hardrive and reinstall 4.31 it did not work.

The discs are still making that clunking noise after a few seconds of going into the ps3.

I too have the same problem, where my bluray movies work fine but my ps3 games all 30 do not function, sigh thanks for trying but this clearly is not the answer we all seek.

I guess the error is just a widespread break down which can occur through the listed means.

Smiley Very Happyust messing up internal hardrive

Smiley Surprisedver heating of console

:Blu ray drive errors( Both diode lens and bluray format drive)

:Internal error of corrupted fragment of hardrive

Smiley Surprisedr in your case corruption of file deployment through faulty or otherwise unstable connection

Please hit me back with your response as after a good 3 weeks and 280 hours later your conclusion sems to be the most identical, I would have assumed (problem that is occuring with my ps3) I too do not believe it to be the bluray lense/diode otherwise why would it play my blurays? only other thing I can think of is internal error of corrupted fragment of hardrive, dust or general over heating??

Your response would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Yours Interestedly LT Phillips

Message 13 of 14 (1,536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Ps: ***********@live.com from LT Phillips

Edit: personal info removed. Also, this thread is old. Locking. -space_cape!!

Message 14 of 14 (1,535 Views)
0 Likes