Nov 22 2012
By: FDBeardedSkull Lombax Warrior 129 posts

PS3 bundle with 5 games for $200

[ Edited ]
13 replies 1765 views Edited Nov 22, 2012

I'm surprised nobody has posted about this yet. There are lots of Black Friday deals going on for the PlayStation 3 250GB Holiday bundle that comes with the Uncharted Dual Pack, and the inFAMOUS Collection. Uncharted Dual Pack has both Uncharted 1 and 2. inFAMOUS collection includes inFAMOUS 1 and 2, plus the inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood DLC game. That's 5 games which normally would cost $70 (Uncharted Dual Pack is $30 and inFAMOUS collection is $40), so you're basically getting a PS3 for $130 which is the best deal you're going to find. They are old games and if you have them already and are just looking to get a new PS3, you could try taking them back to some place like Kmart or Walmart or just sell them on ebay or Amazon.

Considering these games were all $60 games at one point, they would've cost you $240 originally and now you can get them for $200 with a free PS3. Smiley LOL

Most of the major retailers have this deal, but you're going to have to pay tax and shipping (or stand in long lines during Thanksgiving/Black Friday... but Amazon will have this deal tomorrow (Thursday 11/22) from 8:10 pm to 12:10 am EST (5:10 pm to 9:10 pm PST). Yeah it's only available for 4 hours on Thanksgiving, but Amazon has free shipping and in most states you won't have to pay tax.   Amazon might do this deal again on Cyber Monday or something, but I wouldn't count on it.

Anyway, here are the links if you're looking for it, because its not on Amazon's normal PS3 page:

Amazon Black Friday Video Games Calendar (this is a link to all of Amazon's video game deals for Black Friday week, they have lots of other pretty good deals, but the PS3 bundle is under Thursday, Nov. 22 5:10 pm - 9:10 pm PST)

PS3 250GB Black Friday Bundle 2012 (this is a link to the Black Friday PS3 Holiday bundle page - its not available now, except from third party sellers selling it at an inflated price, but it will go live Thursday at 8:10 pm EST (5:10 pm PST).

Message 1 of 14 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: PS3 bundle with 4 games for $200

Nov 22, 2012

Actually this has been posted before, several times. I did a couple of them myself.

It seems that this audience isn't that interested in values that much, due to the lack of responses... 

Message 2 of 14 (1,743 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

Hmm ps3 super slims are $350 in Australia for the 500gb and $300 for 16gb. Id never get them because NO ps2 backward compatibility and they look like **bleep**.

Message 3 of 14 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Nov 22, 2012

I really want another PS3, but I hate the style and slide cover for the new slim. Something about it just irks. Although I may just purchase it and trade it in for an older backwards compatible one.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 14 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Re: PS3 bundle with 5 games for $200

Nov 22, 2012

Well, I didn't see anything on the first page and I figured with all the Black Friday sales starting tomorrow any posts about it would be on the first page.  I guess this has been known about for a month. However, from what I can find through the search nobody mentioned Amazon's 4 hour sale and IMO Amazon is the best place to get it because of the free shipping and no sales tax (in most states)... unless you like going out on Black Friday or on Thanksgiving night to shop.

It is a shame that the super slims aren't backward compatible, but I've been thinking about getting a second one to save my old 60GB for the upscaling PS2 and PS1 backward compatibility.  It seems to have problems playing PS3 games nowadays. 

The one good thing about the slide cover on the new slims is that you don't have to worry about getting your Blu-Ray disc stuck.

Message 5 of 14 (1,690 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 22, 2012

FDBeardedSkull wrote:

Well, I didn't see anything on the first page and I figured with all the Black Friday sales starting tomorrow any posts about it would be on the first page.  I guess this has been known about for a month. However, from what I can find through the search nobody mentioned Amazon's 4 hour sale and IMO Amazon is the best place to get it because of the free shipping and no sales tax (in most states)... unless you like going out on Black Friday or on Thanksgiving night to shop.

It is a shame that the super slims aren't backward compatible, but I've been thinking about getting a second one to save my old 60GB for the upscaling PS2 and PS1 backward compatibility.  It seems to have problems playing PS3 games nowadays. 

The one good thing about the slide cover on the new slims is that you don't have to worry about getting your Blu-Ray disc stuck.

Exactly, you can also easily clean the lens should it get dirty. Also if the BD drive ever breaks it should be much cheaper to replace or have fixed since you no longer have to deal with a complicated slot loader...

Message 6 of 14 (1,660 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

This deal is now live and available on Amazon if anyone is interested.

EDIT: Its already sold out, because it was a lightning deal, but you can still get it at Best Buy with free shipping $199.99 PlayStation 3 (250GB) Bundle

EDIT 2: Right now it says "sold out online" at Best Buy's web site, but it seems to be going in and out of stock.  If you keep refreshing the page it might pop back in stock.

Message 7 of 14 (1,617 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

FDBeardedSkull wrote:

Exactly, you can also easily clean the lens should it get dirty. Also if the BD drive ever breaks it should be much cheaper to replace or have fixed since you no longer have to deal with a complicated slot loader...

Good point, never thought about being able to clean the lens too.  The slot loader was nice, but you're right it would be more expensive to replace.

Message 8 of 14 (1,601 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Looks like Amazon will have this deal available again at 8:15 AM EST (in 5 minutes), but it will probably go fast:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009DYCTY4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creati...

Message 9 of 14 (1,535 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Message 10 of 14 (1,504 Views)
0 Likes