Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
24 posts

Re: PS3 blocks YouTube and YouTube XL...

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

i t @ Tribble6 since the release of the new ps3 app i think your instructions are not working. i can find no place to select standard yt and the remainder of the post i do not understand. nothing personal.

an option that still works as of today is to just enter something in google search,click search,and now click youtube at the top . you should now be at the standard youtube where you can do searches with a keyboard ,share,sign in, ect.. bookmarking and selecting from the large multiple related box does not work as both just brings up the download the new app screen. selecting from the related list still works.

the new app has higher def but lacks the features of sandard yt, unable to bookmark. and the search method is beyond annoying. for now i will use the new app with higher def for friends and family uploads and the standard version for hours of surfing information and entertainment.

Message 11 of 31 (870 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Aug 18, 2012

FULDA562 wrote:

i t @ Tribble6 since the release of the new ps3 app i think your instructions are not working. i can find no place to select standard yt and the remainder of the post i do not understand. nothing personal.

an option that still works as of today is to just enter something in google search,click search,and now click youtube at the top . you should now be at the standard youtube where you can do searches with a keyboard ,share,sign in, ect.. bookmarking and selecting from the large multiple related box does not work as both just brings up the download the new app screen. selecting from the related list still works.

the new app has higher def but lacks the features of sandard yt, unable to bookmark. and the search method is beyond annoying. for now i will use the new app with higher def for friends and family uploads and the standard version for hours of surfing information and entertainment.

The "View Standard Version" text (in my message). is the link (links are shown in grey on the forum). This will load the YouTube home page in a new window and hopefully setup the required cookie (you may need to delete cookies before clicking link). Once this is done, you can use standard YouTube site as before (no need to use terms page or your method).

What in particular didn't you understand about the PS3 Bookmarklet, which gives you 480p+ video playback on standard YouTube video pages?

Message 12 of 31 (854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 18, 2012
I may have to go back to using the ps3 bookmarklet, until ps3youtube.com is fixed.
Message 13 of 31 (851 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

Peinuzumaki95 wrote:
I may have to go back to using the ps3 bookmarklet, until ps3youtube.com is fixed.

I take it you (and almost everyone else) preferred the streamlined experience offered by PS3YouTube? I settle for nothing less than the "full" YT browser experience (as you may remember, the bookmarklet did originally default to PS3YouTube for the video window (currently still an option), but I got fed up with ads etc and I'm perfectly happy with 480p playback on my 42" and I can pause / re-play video by just clicking player (I only use BD remote for YT)). 

Message 14 of 31 (849 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 18, 2012
Its funny how ps3youtube.com had issues as soon as the youtubeapp was being released -_-
Message 15 of 31 (828 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 22, 2012

@ Tribble6,

thanks for the tips and tricks. 

Message 16 of 31 (782 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012

i downloaded the new youtube xl app too and after the installation i want to go to youtube xl and the only thing i see is the DOWLOAD NEW YTUBE XL APP again and again what is going on how do i acces ytube xl  

Message 17 of 31 (687 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3859 posts

Sep 14, 2012

jagdalton wrote:

i downloaded the new youtube xl app too and after the installation i want to go to youtube xl and the only thing i see is the DOWLOAD NEW YTUBE XL APP again and again what is going on how do i acces ytube xl  

Read the hole thread again and actualy read it.. including the links/urls users Allready Gave you to type in to the PS3. which would then allow you to click on Youtube XL link on PS3 browser. 

pic56.png

PLEX APP for PS3 and PS4... free version coming soon...
NO NEED For DLNA...
Message 18 of 31 (671 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 14, 2012
Noah, Minds are like toilet if, you don't flush it it will get full of **bleep**.

Change your HTML Gay DUDE. Dialogue
Message 19 of 31 (660 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 15, 2012

ok turning youtube into an app is a good thing? we cant use a keyboard muchless there is no onscreen keyboard? letter scrolling is annoying. we cant even subscribe to authors of videos there. second this forum should be a intigrated part of the ps3 such as an app. one that allows all its functions.

Message 20 of 31 (638 Views)
0 Likes