Splicer
58 posts

Re: PS3 and 360 REBALL/REFLOW SERVICES

Dec 16, 2010

Definitely use Kaleeb to fix your PS3 (or X360)!  This guy knows his stuff and is a nice person to deal with too.  He gave me a tour of his in home repair service.  Hundreds of PS3's and X360's everywhere.  He also showed me the various problems with user attempted fixes (aka "the Gilsky guide") and how they can make your B/C console unrepairable.  There are no new B/C motherboards available so if you mess yours up by trying to heat it yourself then you will loose the B/C function.

My PS3 is done in 48 hours and it works great.  Took it in Monday after work and have it back now.  I can't say enough about Kaleebs service.  if you live on the left half of the USA you need to send your consoles to him.

Back in the day...
Message 21 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 17, 2011

Man do not use Capital Circuits. Thank God for 2011 they will not deal with regular customers. Cause they are horrible when it comes to answering email. They might not even send your game back if you had a disc in the system.

Thank god they choose to do bulk cause they are that bad when it comes to customer service. -20 for the service. Seriously.

Message 22 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jan 19, 2011

ok here's the deal, i'm sure as everyone knows now that branden at daggerpcs (the ebay guy) is out of business. the 60 gb console i was referring to in my later posts is gone. i did not hear from him at all after i got the message from his employee last month. i have been reading and subscribed to this thread http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/786851?start=570&tstart=0. (beware it is quite lengthy but if you're bored and have alot of time get after it.)

just a couple of days ago i recieved a system in the mail that was NOT mine BUT had my exact 120gb hard drive in it. i assume he just sent me a regular 40gb console that needs a reball in place of my 60gb that needed a whole new mainboard. the new system came with a copy-printed note that described what the situation was and telling me to file a claim and get a refund. i did with paypal before i received the system since it was taking so long. should be getting it soon. his ebay account was suspended due to the complaints of people not getting their systems back. (he was WAAAAY over-loaded on business and his mom has passed away ) system came with additional note asking not to turn it on does not have thermal paste but was cleaned and should still be fixable. it's a shame because my firsst console was repaired by him and is now working like a dream. also i guess capital circuits doesn't fix them anymore and gophermods apparently sucks and is not trustworthy. that leaves knights gaming repair who i called and get this...THEY CHARGE 200 FREAKING DOLLARS FOR A PS3 REBALL!!! SCREW THAT!!! i can get a brand new console for $300! so this really only leaves khaled or kaleeb to fix ps3 ylod with a reball here in the us. he's around $100. i had actually found him on IOFFER.COM when i was looking for the 360 reball, before subyrs mentioned him. he seems legit. although i will not be using him due to the cost, i am not spending any more money on any of this crap that just turns out sour. i'm getting a friend to reflow the system i received for free then either pawning it or trading it at gamestop for credit.

Message 23 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 19, 2011

wow bored and read this thread... I really can't believe the prices on reballing/reflowing... I mean a pound of solder is about 18 US dollars on average, and flux is really cheap... Now at 45 US dollars, and about approximately an hour to hour n a half worth of labor, you have paid for enough supplies for about 1000 repairs, and 2/3 of the labor cost. (considering about 25/hr labor cost) After 2 repairs its pretty much pure profit at 45 dollars a repair (this is considering the consumer pays for all S/H). Just amazed at how greedy people are these days!! Glad I'm a technician and can do this type of repair myself, maybe I should open my own buisness for console repairs , sounds like there is a huge profit margin in it!

forgot to consider desoldering braid.. not very expensive either

Message 24 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 22, 2011

Anybody used this service listed on eBay?  It seems legit to me.  There are two positive reviews on the account regarding PS3 fixes, can't be sure if they were reball or just reflow though. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-Playstation-GPU-Leaded-REBALL-Repair-Service-YLOD-/260720285642?pt=Video_Gam...

*edit*

Further, Endless Electronics does appear to be a perfectly legitimate company-

https://www.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntity/soskb/Corp.asp?2929224

Message 25 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 17, 2011

I was wondering if you or anyone else has used this service? I see they are charging $74.95 and you have to ship both ways which would come to a total of about $105.00 for me. There is a place near me charging $175.00 just to reball and a 90 day warranty. With the other service the reball is a lifetime warranty. It sounds like a great idea I just was wondering if anyone has used this service and what their feedback is on it.

Scott a.k.a. ZebraBoy

Message 26 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 18, 2011

Check out these two threads:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/30943466#30943466

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/30918139#30918139

The first one has a ton of pages but you'll only need to read the last 5 or so to see the stuff about Endless.      

Message 27 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 18, 2011

Seems like they are in an equipment change and its going to take alittle time. I will probably buy a service from them. I already emailed them asking if I can take out my hard disc drive and hold onto it. They said yeah but for me to remember about using the back-up utility. I saved my game saves that I wanted. I really dont care about the music or video. I just wanted to hold onto that Hard disc drive because it is an upgrade I put in myself. I hope that they get everything sorted out at EE. I see that some people have been waiting nearly a month for their systems. I am hoping mine does not take that long when I send it to them.

Anyway thanks for the information TobiasTangent. I hope you keep us posted on the resurrection of your Playstation 3 Gaming system and experience.

~Scott

ZebraBoy19

Message 28 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 17, 2012

I am needing this service as well but almost no one is posting reviews for anyone other than the big two: Gophermods / Endless Electronics.

I have been able to find about a dozen companies online that will do the repairs and that seem reputable.  Other than that, I did a search in google maps for "PS3 reball" and "PS3 repair", both of which brought up about 40 hits each for local shops all over the US that do this work.  Quite a few of them had more than 10 reviews and were given a rating on a scale of 0 - 30 based on those reviews.  I also found one compny on youtube who had a video of their reball procedure which seemed very professional efxcomputers.com.  Based on what some of these small local establishments are charging I think many of them are worth a shot.

Good hunting guys...

Message 29 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 17, 2012

It is good to see that more and more places are offering reballing services...

Message 30 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes