Message 11 of 36 (754 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: PS3 YLOD Reballing Service

Nov 4, 2010

jrus018 wrote:
just send mine today @ daggerPCs

Please report back on your results when you get your PS3 back...

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 36 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6165 posts

Nov 4, 2010

Gophermods has a listing for their reball service, but it's been "coming very soon" for several months now.

Anyways, as long as those shops on ebay have good reviews, I would go for it.

----------------------------------------------------
The Many Stages of the PlayStation Forums
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
60GB YLOD: Jan. 07 - Aug. 10
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 36 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Nov 4, 2010

I actually gave gophermods a call before buying daggerPCs service. Anyways gophermods told me it would be 6 months to a year before their reball service would be available. So until then daggerPC is our best bet as of right now.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 36 (754 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Nov 27, 2010

So is gophermods $70.00 YLOD fix just a reflow of the solder then since there reballing service is listed at $139 but not yet available?

Im curious as to the succes rate of there current fix & whats the longest a system has lasted after they did the fix. Although im sure no ps3 is gonna last the same amount of time.

Mike

PSN: stang_crazy

PS3 60GB died 11/24/10
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 36 (754 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 27, 2010

I just got the YLOD and i am quite certain that all those frozen screens in FALLOUT NEW VEGAS had something to do with it cause they force me to turn off my ps3. I dont live in the US so the only thing i can do is use my ps3 as a door stopper cause it is quite heavy.....meh actually going to take it today to my local store...they repair ps3 there cause if i send it to sony buying  a new console would end up being cheaper

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 36 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12036 posts

Nov 27, 2010

ok..  i'm new to this problem..

had my PS3 for about 9 months..  .. and what's this yellow ring of death thing??..     like the 360 red ring of deatH??

i owned various game system.. and they all lasted for me with my own chunky PS2 reaching10 yr old!!

just a question..    for those to had the problem   you didn't put your ps3 into something like this.. did you??

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2006/10/avion-tv-stand.jpg

since this is something i used (similar) (no problem with overheat)  ($80)

http://www.staples.com/Z-Line-Madrid-Flat-Panel-TV-Stand-with-Int
egrated-Mount/product_726973?cm_mmc...
:smileyfrustrated:BD:GS:E:NLALA_-_Office_Furniture:Carts_Stands&cm_mmc=GoogleProductAds-_-Sear
ch-_-blank-_-blank

put your hand behind the ps3 when it's on..  now imagine in a box with no/limited ventilation?? like the 1st picture

**also.. i bought mine at costco.. if it failed i just brought it back then get a new one 

takeapieandrun wrote:

Gophermods has a listing for their reball service, but it's been "coming very soon" for several months now.

Anyways, as long as those shops on ebay have good reviews, I would go for it.

ok    NOW i understand!!!  where these guys get their PS3 parts to sell on ebay!!!

use "QUOTE" when reply to another user comment.TOP RIGHT of the reply box
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PS3 and PSP owner... yes.. i still play the last gen systems...
DO NOT WANT YOUR PS4??? I'LL PAY YOU $50 FOR IT..
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 36 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Dec 2, 2010

@jms 

how long did daggerpcs have your system? has anyone else got their system back from him? has anyone had contact with him over the last week or so i sent mine off in october and had good communication with him till last saturday 

pudge76 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 36 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Dec 2, 2010

I spoke with branden last night he has had some things going on with sick family members and dropped his phone in some eggnog so he just got a new phone yesterday and is trying to catch up with all of the messages he is not trying to scam anyone. Look at it this way he got in 100 ps3s to repair in like 3 weeks that's not accounting for his local customers and his bulbs burnt out and probably 35-50% of those 100 have had previous reflows done on them making a reball less successful. So yeah it took a little more time than the 3 weeks but if he had to order a motherboard for your system he was at the mercy of the other seller getting it to him quickly. He also said he had an employee that was supposed to answer email and eBay messages as he was busy trying to fix systems and that he would only answer email that said employee could not.

pudge76 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 36 (754 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Dec 8, 2010

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 36 (754 Views)
0 Likes