Feb 19 2013
By: RON3337 Splicer 66 posts

PS3 XMB loading icons slow (Anyone else have this?)

6 replies 335 views Edited Feb 19, 2013

Okay so I went on my PS3 just awhile ago and when I highlighted the whats new, tv video services, and PSN store icons under games and video, they were loading slow. I tried turning it on and off, didn't do anything.

Finally I decided to unplug my ps3 for 1:30 mins and when I turned it on it seemed to fix it. However after a little bit I notice that some of them wouldn't load at all. 

So my concern is that is this an internet issue, or are others experiencing this too?

I hve made a topic about this on Gamefaqs but they haven't been too helpful. Also today when I was syncing trophies and it wasn't moving above 2% till I exited out of it and went back in it. This happen to anyone too?

Here is my Gamefaqs topic

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/65446718

Message 1 of 7 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Re: PS3 XMB loading icons slow (Anyone else have this?)

Feb 19, 2013
Most likely a connection issue. you using a wired or wireless connection ? got Dsl? cable? or anyother higher internet speed ?

Message 2 of 7 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I have Comcast and use wireless. They did have an issue out in my are last week but now its fixed I believe. But I did powercycle my modem and router today to see if that would fix it. It helped but then later on just a bit ago it was doing it a little bit, but at random. This whole issue didn't start until last weeks psn store update. So maybe its a psn issue cause this has happened to me before so yeah, any other ideas? 

Message 3 of 7 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Feb 20, 2013
it may be your ISP or any other devices that may be connected to your router. Try using a wired connection for awhile and see if there is a difference

Message 4 of 7 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Make sure also your router's firmware is updated to its latest version and if any of the settings are correct in the routers/modem's settings

Message 5 of 7 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Well Just to give an update my problem did go away for about 2 weeks then came back at random times. Now I'm wondering if this is something I should be concerned about my system since while I still do see it happening at times I usually just scroll right or left and they show up. I can still play online fine.

Now I don't think I may have giving a good way of explaning it so I will post a pic

http://au.playstation.com/media/Joaa44t0/161/ps-store-on-xmb.jpg

You see in the box at times only some like 2-3 might load and none of the others unless I scroll left or right so they can reload. Again this happens sometimes, maybe more than others but they can still all show up.

Message 6 of 7 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 14, 2013
Have you tried maybe to restore the firmware on the ps3 ?

Message 7 of 7 (248 Views)
0 Likes