Jul 24 2012
By: zerolegendz First Son 2 posts

PS3 Wont boot up to Safe Mode

5 replies 2513 views Edited Jul 24, 2012

Okay so... i do not have the YLOD and my PS3 was working this mornign although 2 Days ago and yesterday my PS3 started to Glitch up and everytime i Turn on the PS3 it would GO all matrix Pattern on me or some pixelated weird thing on the screena nd freeze up and its been happening for 2 days now. Just this morning i thought it was finally okay but 30 mins after playing its Froze up on me again. Now i tried turning it on again seeing what happens, but its just a blank screen but i can hear the PS3 Intro startup Tune. So i decided to Force shut it down so i can go onto safemode. But nothing happens now... i tried Unpluggin the HDMI and Re-plugging it back it but nothing is happening... I already had to reformat my PS3 twice lost all my game datas/ saves... now it just seems like MY PS3 is Dead... what should i do... again i dont have YLOD... what can i do to fix this... i dont want to send this into sony because they charge me 99$ + which i can just get a Refurbished one... but i dont have that kind of money right now to do that... 

Message 1 of 6 (2,513 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7206 posts

Re: PS3 Wont boot up to Safe Mode

Jul 24, 2012

It could be your tv cords.It could be a heat thing try another area of the house that much  cooler. could  be dust in  ps3

I dont  know what you can do  for that but try to save to get it fixed..  Sorry for limted advice, but only option i see is  save to get it fixed or move to cooler area of the house becuase it very hot weather all across th usa.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 2 of 6 (2,511 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 24, 2012
If you aren't seeing anything on screen at all, with the PS3 off try holding down the power button until you hear that second beep. You should then be able to see something on your screen, because you reset your video settings.

If that doesn't work try to see if the AV cables (the one that came with your PS3) will work instead of the HDMI cable. If that does work then your HDMI cable port might be broken.

As for the reason for the game freezing, it could be multiple things, but you might want to think about replacing the HDD, since the PS3 is highly dependent on it for its operation. You can easily test this out if you happen to have a extra laptop HDD you can use...
Message 3 of 6 (2,505 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

Its nothing about the game... it freezes in general even if im on the Main Menu screen... and what do u mean repleace the HDD...o_0... I dont think it has anything to do with the HDD well im not sure myself... all i know is it might be corrupted hardware or Data... thats probably a high chance but i dunt know. 

Message 4 of 6 (2,499 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Use the safe mode then click the option restore default settings.. Mines was having the same problem and I just got it to work.. Literally...
Message 5 of 6 (2,463 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 26, 2013

its not your hard drive it has somthing to do with the mother bord it self mine just happend like that and it wont go in to safe mode eiather so i took it to pirhanah gaming  in kenosha wi and they told me that so now im just gonna buy a used one 

Message 6 of 6 (2,026 Views)
0 Likes