Oct 21 2011
By: moymike First Son 1 posts

PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset >*KILLS*< Rocksmith

4 replies 679 views Edited Oct 21, 2011

Both of these devices plug in USB, and they don't play nice together.  When the headset is plugged in, Rocksmith will not connect to it's USB interface.  If you have it connected and then plug in the headset USB dongle, it immediately disconnects Rocksmith from your guitar.

I bought the headset specifically for use with Rocksmith, and my guess is this is something that will never be fixed.  I have "googled" to see if anybody else tried this new "official" Sony headset with Rocksmith, and came up with nothing.

I am hoping they fix this, I really don't want to rebox and return my 7.1 headset.  Besides that, I still want a headset solution that doesn't require me to switch out my HDMI cable and add jack with RCA plugs.

Message 1 of 5 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset >*KILLS*< Rocksmith

Oct 22, 2011

i bought 2 of these headsets 2 night ago - and returned both the following day -

#1 can only have 1 headset plugged in at a time - seems stupid-  i got headsets to play rockband with, kills it to only have 1 work at a time

#2 when you have the headset plugged in - it will not send sound to the tv - this may not sound that bad but it is---like i mentioned b4, i play rock band alot- i like to have the music cranking in my headset - but usually other people in the room , so they do like to hear the muisc also.

#3 they just arent that loud - my turtle beaches are louder

#4 the sound controls - i wish they had a seperate control for game volume / chat volume -the slider sucks imho

with these reasons took both pairs back and got 2 more turtle beachs- while these are my reactions to the headset - these would be great for other people ---not really putting them down - just dont work for how i like to be setup. if your looking for a headset for 1 person and dont mind the fact of no sound on your tv would be great for you

Message 2 of 5 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Oct 22, 2011

moymike wrote:

Both of these devices plug in USB, and they don't play nice together.  When the headset is plugged in, Rocksmith will not connect to it's USB interface.  If you have it connected and then plug in the headset USB dongle, it immediately disconnects Rocksmith from your guitar.

I bought the headset specifically for use with Rocksmith, and my guess is this is something that will never be fixed.  I have "googled" to see if anybody else tried this new "official" Sony headset with Rocksmith, and came up with nothing.

I am hoping they fix this, I really don't want to rebox and return my 7.1 headset.  Besides that, I still want a headset solution that doesn't require me to switch out my HDMI cable and add jack with RCA plugs.

the turtle beach headsets make you use the rca -----BUT you can still have the hdmi plugged in - it actually uses both- its a feture they added back in the past

Message 3 of 5 (679 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 30, 2011

I agree!

I just got Rocksmith and I tried using it with mt Playstation headset and they DO NOT WORK TOGETHER!

Really? Two products made by the same company don't work together? Was there any testing done at all?

VERY, VERY anoying.

Message 4 of 5 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Dec 30, 2011

FearC wrote:

I agree!

I just got Rocksmith and I tried using it with mt Playstation headset and they DO NOT WORK TOGETHER!

Really? Two products made by the same company don't work together? Was there any testing done at all?

VERY, VERY anoying.

The Rocksmith dongle and the wireless headset were made by the same company?

Message 5 of 5 (679 Views)
0 Likes