First Son
5 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Question?

Feb 8, 2012

Well I can tell you I have problems with my headset. Since the update is is not connecting, can't seem to find the connection to the USB dongle. I tried changing the port used by the dongle and now I am getting "unknown device connected" when I plug it in.

So being a recent owner of a PS3 I do not know who to ask or where to ask for support. So any ideas are welcome.

Oh and by the way, I used the headset last night. This morning I was asked to do the update and after that I tried to connect the headset and it stopped working.  I didn't move any setting.

Message 11 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 8, 2012

yeah its the update causing all of this. best thing u can do is wait till sony fixes the problem (yeah it sicks)

Message 12 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Caoztemoc wrote:

Well I can tell you I have problems with my headset. Since the update is is not connecting, can't seem to find the connection to the USB dongle. I tried changing the port used by the dongle and now I am getting "unknown device connected" when I plug it in.

So being a recent owner of a PS3 I do not know who to ask or where to ask for support. So any ideas are welcome.

Oh and by the way, I used the headset last night. This morning I was asked to do the update and after that I tried to connect the headset and it stopped working.  I didn't move any setting.

On the dongle itself, there is a tiny hole that you can use a toothpick or paperclip to push. This is the reset button.

Try that and see if it helps

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 8, 2012

And how long do they usually take to fix their "fixes" .

I mean I just bought my headset last week. If it's no longer going to work do I need to start thinking about taking them back ? Are talking about a couple of days? Weeks ?

Message 14 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Thanks I will try the reset button.

I don't even use the mic so if I can get it to work with the mic disabled while they fix it I would be very happy.

Thanks,

Message 15 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 9, 2012

lol who knows. good thing i only payed $25 for mine cause gamestop had a glitched on their system. did the reset button work on them? also called sony and they said they are trying to fix this problem.

Message 16 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Caoztemoc wrote:

Thanks I will try the reset button.

I don't even use the mic so if I can get it to work with the mic disabled while they fix it I would be very happy.

Thanks,

Also, if you're still having issues with the headset, you can take it back to the store you bought it from and ask for an exchange. Most stores have a 14 day return policy on electronic devices, so you might want to hurry up and see if the reset works or not.

If the store does not grant you an exhange or refund, you can call Sony at 1-800-345-Sony and they SHOULD be able to help you out

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 9, 2012

It's only in voice chat enabled games.

Message 18 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 9, 2012

I don't have a major problem with the headset, but I do have issue with the fact when you mute the microphone, it should mute the input. This was an oversight on Sonys part. I do have a bit of background noise, but it's not that bad for me. I want the mute issue fixed and they need to stick an option in there to turn off the mic check feature for those that don't want it at all. I might add that there is no delay in hearing my own input, its a welcome change for me.

Message 19 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
38 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Just installed the latest update to my system and went to play Modern Warfare 3 tonight and turned on my wireless stereo headset and noticed I can hear every noise around me and my own voice and static to the point my ears are ringing. Went to mute the mic and still hear everything. The ringing in my ear is ear damage from your mic tweak. My headset was fine before this and now I will become tone deaf  over it. Fix this issue now or face future lawsuits for not warning players of this updated change that will cause hearing loss.

Message 20 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes