Hekseville Citizen
249 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Question?

Feb 9, 2012

My Son noticed this issue when he loaded up MW3 tonight. He doesn't talk much while playing and mostly uses the headset to shut out room noise and to hear the game better since our TV is in the main room of the house where other things are going on. Now he can hear all the outside noise again which is really bad. If this is intentional they certainly need an option to disable it for those that don't want to hear outside noise through the mic. Turning up the volume to drown it out is not a good option as that makes the game too loud. Turning off the mic is also bad because he still needs it. It was just fine the way it was. I get why some people want to hear their own voice but it should be an option.

Message 21 of 27 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Yeah, this firmware update has really messed up a great headset.

Fix this soon, please.

Message 22 of 27 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1654 posts

Feb 9, 2012

It's not a problem with the headphones, it is a problem with what the update did to the headphones.  While you may be one of the limited few who actually like hearing yourself talk, the majority liked the headphones the way they were.  I dont want to hear myself talk, I know what I am saying already.  Not to mention the latency makes it more of an echo.  Add in the horrific buzzing/static that overwhelms the background and the headphones are now garbage.

I want my official PS3 Stereo Headphones to do what they were supposed to do, play in-game sounds and voice-chat thru the stereo.  I dont want them to pick up any noises in my house nor pick up my own words and play them back for me. I loved my headphones for 3-4 months now with zero issues. Now suddenly a mandatory system update has broken them, allowing too much noise and feedback to be sent thru them.  Very frustrating that my $100 headphones now are borderline garbage and unusable.

Message 23 of 27 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I totall agree with you. i loved my headset but as soon as this update occured  they become very annoying the mic keeps picking up my familys voices or a door closing, or even me breathing sometimes. it is very annoy. please restore them to their former glory. so i can continue playing and buying new game instead of wanting not to play the playstation at all. i play on a moniter with no sound port so my only source of sound is a headset. Please make my gameing experience  fun again.

Message 24 of 27 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Feb 20, 2012

NotoriousRJF wrote:

It's not a problem with the headphones, it is a problem with what the update did to the headphones.  While you may be one of the limited few who actually like hearing yourself talk, the majority liked the headphones the way they were.  I dont want to hear myself talk, I know what I am saying already.  Not to mention the latency makes it more of an echo.  Add in the horrific buzzing/static that overwhelms the background and the headphones are now garbage.

I want my official PS3 Stereo Headphones to do what they were supposed to do, play in-game sounds and voice-chat thru the stereo.  I dont want them to pick up any noises in my house nor pick up my own words and play them back for me. I loved my headphones for 3-4 months now with zero issues. Now suddenly a mandatory system update has broken them, allowing too much noise and feedback to be sent thru them.  Very frustrating that my $100 headphones now are borderline garbage and unusable.

This. Hearing myself doesn't really bother me, although I would prefer that they worked like they did before the update, but the constant roar in my ears is really bothersome. I used to be able to crank up the headset volume and I could hear a pin drop in-game; not anymore.

Message 25 of 27 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 21, 2012

FIX THIS!!!!!

Message 26 of 27 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
753 posts

Feb 21, 2012

this firmware messed up the headset. multiplayer games are unplayable now. return it to how it was before the update or atleast give us an option to toggle this change.

Kratos Sig By Trick

Message 27 of 27 (23 Views)
0 Likes