First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issue

Feb 10, 2012

OK there is 1 way u can take off the sound thing u go to accessory settings then  go to audio device setting then after that go to input device and swithc it to do not you it will take off the echo thing but u can not talk to your friends online                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Message 41 of 111 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Feb 11, 2012

marqusas wrote:

OK there is 1 way u can take off the sound thing u go to accessory settings then  go to audio device setting then after that go to input device and swithc it to do not you it will take off the echo thing but u can not talk to your friends online                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

This has been mentioned before, and does nothing to fix the problem.

Message 42 of 111 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 11, 2012

It's really REALLY annoying what sony did after the last update.

Anyone knows if sony has an e mail adress to send my complains and demand to fix this issue as soon as possible?

Message 43 of 111 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Feb 11, 2012

I have the headset but havent used it with the new update. So i'm almost afraid of plugging it in now after reading the problems. I'v mainly been useing it for my Asus Laptop.

PSP 2001 Star Wars Limited Edition
PSP 3001 Metal Gear Solid Big Boss Limited Edition
PSP 3001 Silver daxter bundle
PSPgo White
PS3 Phat 80GB upgraded to 500GB 7200rpm drive
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 44 of 111 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Wow, I feel relieved to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this. I actually only noticed this yesterday when I decided to dust off MW2 and play it for a while with a friend of mine. At first I thought, well, it probably is just an issue in this particular game, but turns out it was not because I hear the annoying static hiss in every game I play.

The only solution I found so far was deactivating the microphone on the accessory settings when I'm just using the Headset to hear the ingame sound and not for communicating with others.

Message 45 of 111 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 12, 2012

This doesn't stop the problem of hearing your own voice at all. I'm not sure what your referring to.

Message 46 of 111 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 12, 2012

Im having the same issue. i dont want to hear constant static.  game used to be nice and clear. please fix

Currently playing: Rock Band, DMC4
Message 47 of 111 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 12, 2012

That's ridiculous.

The amount of hiss that is subsequently caused is ungodly. This only occurs in online games, i find. Even in games like MW2, the static/hiss doesn't occur until you enter the multiplayer menu. In Single Player games like Final Fantasy 13-2, the headset works fine, so it still has a use.
Still, the static takes away from the experience. I bought the headset for the tactical advantage in Call of Duty. I want to hear peoples footsteps, not that low hiss in the background. The only way to minimize the problem is to crank up your game volume; which, you guessed it, can lead to hearing problems.

I'll admit i can see some people wanting the feature. Sometimes when you're wearing closed stereo headphones/headsets, you can disturb others around you by talking too loud without realizing it.

That however, is a risk you take by buying closed headsets. They're meant for blocking out sound. If you want to hear yourself, buy an open air headset. I don't mean to be unkind, but if you bought a closed-backed headset but expect to hear yourself perfectly fine, then you are an idiot.

What shocks me the most is the lack of common sense. If your introducing a controversial feature, that not everybody wants, make it OPTIONAL.

Although if this new feature was not intended, then we can't really do anything but wait. It's still pitiful that they haven't fixed it in what, a week? It's upsetting thousands of buyers. Sadly Sony won't realize this until they see that hundreds/thousands of headsets have been returned to retailers.

Message 48 of 111 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Feb 12, 2012

Yeah, even when I selected 'Do Not Use', set the input volume to 'Off', and physically muted the mic on the headset itself, I could still hear background noise being picked up when I was playing AC: Revelations multiplayer earlier. Since the latest firmware install, it seems the mic is open constantly.

Message 49 of 111 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 13, 2012

Mike0804 wrote:

Yeah, even when I selected 'Do Not Use', set the input volume to 'Off', and physically muted the mic on the headset itself, I could still hear background noise being picked up when I was playing AC: Revelations multiplayer earlier. Since the latest firmware install, it seems the mic is open constantly.

Selecting Do not Use (the Mic) worked for me. In MW2 that is.

@Z-Pep

Is that even a function? Because all I hear is the annoying static hiss...

Message 50 of 111 (43 Views)
0 Likes