Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issue

Jun 8, 2012

Some of you guys need to learn how to read an entire thread before you start spouting off about how Sony isnt doing anything and making their products crappy.

Its most likely HIGHLY POSSIBLE that being able to adjust the mic monitoring was an afterthought...as in..... "oh look, a lot of people are upset they can hear themselves with no adjustability"

MRgreen55:

You should know that the PS3's wireless stereo headset is only $99..... in some places i've seen them as low as $79 so I have no idea why you would pay $149 for them..... but then again, you must be talking about the overpriced, cheaply made turtle beach bargain basement headset with Call of Duty slapped all over the box and headset and doubled the price. If you feel regret for paying so much and not having certain features or settings..... thats your fault for not doing more research......

Either way, Sony has responded to it and have said they are working on it....... I had a paragraph written about "wanting it now" and nothing becoming of it except the realization of acting like a fool in the first place, but instead.... this video sums it up quite nicely

Furiously Chaosing
Message 101 of 111 (265 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7089 posts

Jun 8, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

MRgreen55:

You should know that the PS3's wireless stereo headset is only $99..... in some places i've seen them as low as $79 so I have no idea why you would pay $149 for them.....

-Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open. -There's no limit to what brainwashed people can rationalize

There's a new headset coming for $150.

Message 102 of 111 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 8, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

MRgreen55:

You should know that the PS3's wireless stereo headset is only $99..... in some places i've seen them as low as $79 so I have no idea why you would pay $149 for them.....

-Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open. -There's no limit to what brainwashed people can rationalize

There's a new headset coming for $150.

Just saw them...... Ok.... next question for MRgreen;

HOW did you spend $150 for the 2nd generation headset..... when its not even released yet?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 103 of 111 (265 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7089 posts

Jun 8, 2012

He said "before we buy..."  I can see how you'd get confused though.

Message 104 of 111 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 9, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

He said "before we buy..."  I can see how you'd get confused though.

Still though its confusing.... because how can he discern that the issue is going to be the same with the yet-to-be-released headset? Theres no logic in that, and common sense does not predict the future

Furiously Chaosing
Message 105 of 111 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 9, 2012

All he was saying is that he'd be wary to purchase the newer headset, because he wouldn't know if perhaps a future firmware update might possibly affect the quality of the headphones. He's not literally implying that the same issue will happen to the Pulse headset that happened to the previous model. Reading all of your previous replies in this thread leads me to believe that you absolutely love being the contrarian. I get it. You're always right, everyone else is always wrong. Congratulations on feeling superior on the Internet.

Message 106 of 111 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 10, 2012

So playing Devil's Advocate is somehow giving me a false sense of superiority, is that right?

If the guy was being weary of a future issue that is not yet certain will apply when the release of a product is, then common sense would suggest that he would WAIT a while and search around and ask around before making the purchase.

I didnt know that not having common sense gives people the ability to still be right. In fact, its not a matter of being correct or incorrect, its a matter of having the mental facilities to learn how to read before making a comment, especially when it was already mentioned a few times before in the thread that Sony themselves stated it is an issue that came to their attention and they are actively working on it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 107 of 111 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 4, 2012
I bought this headset when it first came out and took it back the same day. Reason being? I couldn't hear myself, so I stuck with my Turtle Beach headset. When I found out the new firmware update added this feature, I went and bought them the next day. VERY glad this was added! So, I am one that appreciates this new addition, I hate not being able to hear myself. And I have no problems with static or anything else, they work perfectly for me.
Message 108 of 111 (253 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 26, 2012

I just bought this Wireless headset and called to tech support just because of the same reasons... the guy didn't know what to tell me since I only heard that buzzing sound on the right speaker only.... any Ideas on to how fix this dumb bee sound off the headset!?? 

Message 109 of 111 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 26, 2012
how can we fix this static sound.... its driving me nuts!!!!!
Message 110 of 111 (97 Views)
0 Likes