First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issue

Apr 12, 2012

i just ordered these looking at all the reviews on amazon saying that they are amazing. unfortunately i didnt check the one star reviews in time. my headset has already shipped. should i return it? or will this be fixed soon?!?

Message 91 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Apr 12, 2012

Sony finally responded to the issue last week and are working on it. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/05/regarding-your-feedback-on-the-wireless-stereo-headset/ Hopefully the next firmware update happens soon.

Message 92 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Ok, not sure if this is an isolated problem for just me, but today, while playing MW3, I noticed that the mic monitoring feature was no longer working.  Or if it was, it was extremely soft and almost useless.

When Sony added the feature, I was so glad since I could now talk w/o feeling like I was yelling.  All was well since the implementation of it.

The last time I used my headset was maybe 2 weeks ago and the mic monitoring was working fine then.  Today was the first time I used it again and like I mentioned above, the mic monitoring seems to have stopped working.  I felt like I had to talk really loudly and did not really hear my own voice through the headset.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?  Is it just me?

Message 93 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
50 posts

May 26, 2012

The fact that this issue is still unresolved speaks volumes...

Message 94 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 27, 2012

Mike0804 wrote:

The fact that this issue is still unresolved speaks volumes...

Why would it "speak volumes" ?

You do know Sony has a lot on their plate at any given time. Once an update is rolled out, they are already working the next.

For them to "come back" and solve an issue from an update they already issued, depends on the severity of the issue.

This "issue" with being able to hear yourself is NOT an issue. First people complained that they couldnt hear themsevles, and now people are complaining the opposite....

the consensus is that the ability to manage this addition is an after-thought.

People HATED the headset before the update.... and now its perfect.

People LOVED the headset before the update.... and now its horrid.

The fact that the forum is helping itself out by having people utilize the blog share speaks more volumes in praise for Sony, than all the negative people like you are touting.

Sony has listened. And they are working on a fix.

Now everyone sit down indian style, and suck on those baby bottles while you're spoon fed.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 95 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 4, 2012

I actually have this issue also, I thought it was a problem on my headset till I read this thread.  I could hear myselft & background noise, even with the mute on, it does not turn off. a fix is needed.

Message 96 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 4, 2012

macarius5 wrote:

I actually have this issue also, I thought it was a problem on my headset till I read this thread.  I could hear myselft & background noise, even with the mute on, it does not turn off. a fix is needed.

The mute only works for the game, it does not turn off the mic itself

Furiously Chaosing
Message 97 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Still I could still hear the background noise, well I read that disabling the MIC on the XMB does seem to fix this, however turning off the mute button on the headset should have disable the mic monitoring function.  hope they release a firnware update on this soon.

Message 98 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 5, 2012

I'm having the same problem too.

Message 99 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Same here i'm piss off with sony... we need a dam update be before we buy u God Dam Wireless stereo headset Eilte that $149.00 all ur going to do is fuck that one up with dam update.... on Ps Vita or the Ps3 again so why do we need to pay more for the 2 headset win u can F uck up this one ..... come on sony... Fix the dam Issue

Message 100 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes