Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issue

Mar 22, 2012

This is still an issue is that correct? This is so annoying, why wont this get fixed? Was just wanting to know if everyone else was still having the same problem.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 111 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1645 posts

Mar 22, 2012

The issue is still there. It is worse because it will still play the mic audio when you have it muted.

Has Sony been notified through Twitter and email about this issue?

SG-17SG-17
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 111 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Mar 22, 2012

I have gotten mine replaced and the issue is still there, I hope that this gets fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 111 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Mar 23, 2012

I don't have this headset but from what I hear Sony had a firmware update which enabled (well, forced) mic monitoring on the Wireless Stereo Headset. That's one of the things I wanted in this headset (I have PX21's which has mic monitor).

Mic monitoring is being able to hear yourself in the headphones, so whatever sounds go into your mic (e.g., your voice) will be relayed to the earcups so you have a sense of how loud you're talking and what other people are hearing from you.

If you can't stand the static that came with this mic monitoring update, I'm guessing that's what other people have had to hear from you all along.

I have a question to people who have this headset, can you adjust mic sensitivity with this headset thorugh the XMB? I used to do that with a bluetooth headset long ago.

Also, mic monitoring on the ps3 stereo headset stays on even if the mic is muted. Kind of stupid...

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 111 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5403 posts

Mar 23, 2012

ZombLee wrote:

I don't have this headset but from what I hear Sony had a firmware update which enabled (well, forced) mic monitoring on the Wireless Stereo Headset. That's one of the things I wanted in this headset (I have PX21's which has mic monitor).

Mic monitoring is being able to hear yourself in the headphones, so whatever sounds go into your mic (e.g., your voice) will be relayed to the earcups so you have a sense of how loud you're talking and what other people are hearing from you.

If you can't stand the static that came with this mic monitoring update, I'm guessing that's what other people have had to hear from you all along.

I have a question to people who have this headset, can you adjust mic sensitivity with this headset thorugh the XMB? I used to do that with a bluetooth headset long ago.

Also, mic monitoring on the ps3 stereo headset stays on even if the mic is muted. Kind of stupid...

Actually I haven't had any complaints about how I sound, I think I hear more noise than other players do.

And no, you can't change the mic sensitivity on the XMB.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 111 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Mar 27, 2012

I just disable the mic in the accessory settings and enable it when I want to talk in game. It's a simple fix. Turning it off restores full sound quality of the headset. It may not be ideal, but at least you can use your headset to it's fullest sound quality. Surprised nobody has mentioned this...

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 111 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Mar 27, 2012

Just disable the mic in the accessory settings. Sound quality is restored.

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 111 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Mar 27, 2012

While it's true that the mic input stays when you hit mute on the physical headset, if you go to accessory settings you can disable the mic "do not use" and keep the headset on. However you won't be able to talk to players. But on PS3, people rarely use mics anyway..

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 111 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Mar 31, 2012

Oner wrote:

NotoriousRJF wrote:

Count me in the same boat, another frustrated owner of the official Sony stereo headphones who did not want or ask for this change.  I absolutely hate the change and would return these now God awful headphones in a heartbeat if they were not 4-5 months old now.  This should be illegal to completely change how the headphones work many, many months after purchase. By doing this Sony has left me no recourse, cant use them because they suck now and cant return them because they are 4-5 months old.  Had they sounded this horrible when I bought them, I could have and would have returned them the very next day for a full refund.  Simply disgusted by Sony, their actions to change them and their incompetence at even admitting this was a wanted change or a stupid mistake by Sony. 

I have come to realize some people actually wanted this horrible change, to hear their own voice while cheapening the sound quaility of these once awesome headphones. If that is really true, then I dont want Sony to pull back the change as to upset them.  What I want is the ABILITY TO ENABLE AND DISABLE THE FUNCTION so every owner of these headphones is happy.  This should NEVER have been an either or situation as the lazy, incompetent monkeys that program for Sony made it. 

While I see some people talk about a vote that took place, I have seen no such page or link to it myself.  And responses from Sony have been awful as they pretend to know nothing about any change to the mics in any update.  The last response from Sony actually told me to post on the forums and if enough people have the same problem they may take a look at fixing it.  Honest to God, told me to post on the forums.... wonderful customer dis-service Sony.

I personally have sent a PS.Blog.Share Idea Submission about this well over 2-3 weeks ago (at least that I can remember because it has been A WHILE in all honesty) that NEVER even got approved to at least be voted on. Which quite honestly doesn't really mean much since I currently have 1 open that is being voted on (about the multi out being disabled when using the headset) here ~ http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2011/11/01/official-ps3-7-1-headset-multi-out-firmware-pa... but that seems to be going nowhere in itself...so even if the one I submitted about the mic feedback issue gets approved and even voted on, it's highly doubtful it will be ever be changed it looks like. And it's quite honestly an easy fix (I believe), in that giving the OPTION for people to enable/disable it, can't be all that difficult to progam.

Vote on the Official PS3 7.1 Wireless Headset Multi-Out Patch ~ http://tiny.cc/MultiOutPatch

Well it looks like there will be no fix for this, as after all this time my PS.Blog.Share submission hasn't even been posted yet...my previous one (I posted above) took 4 submissions before it even got posted, and is going nowhere itself. So it's quite obvious this one ain't going anywhere FAST. Gonna have to go back to my wired COD Black Ops TRUE 5.1's, at least I will get everything (and more) that has been taken away or not added with the Sony wireless ones.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 111 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Mar 31, 2012

between the interference i get from the ps3 wirless itself and this issue im not sure i can say im glad i decided to get "the definitive sound for the playstation platform"

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 111 (221 Views)
0 Likes