First Son
2 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issue

Mar 7, 2012

It's ridicuous. I can't even use my headset becuase all my teammates hear is echo. I paid $100 for something I can even use? I am beyond upset.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 111 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1654 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Count me in the same boat, another frustrated owner of the official Sony stereo headphones who did not want or ask for this change.  I absolutely hate the change and would return these now God awful headphones in a heartbeat if they were not 4-5 months old now.  This should be illegal to completely change how the headphones work many, many months after purchase. By doing this Sony has left me no recourse, cant use them because they suck now and cant return them because they are 4-5 months old.  Had they sounded this horrible when I bought them, I could have and would have returned them the very next day for a full refund.  Simply disgusted by Sony, their actions to change them and their incompetence at even admitting this was a wanted change or a stupid mistake by Sony. 

I have come to realize some people actually wanted this horrible change, to hear their own voice while cheapening the sound quaility of these once awesome headphones. If that is really true, then I dont want Sony to pull back the change as to upset them.  What I want is the ABILITY TO ENABLE AND DISABLE THE FUNCTION so every owner of these headphones is happy.  This should NEVER have been an either or situation as the lazy, incompetent monkeys that program for Sony made it. 

While I see some people talk about a vote that took place, I have seen no such page or link to it myself.  And responses from Sony have been awful as they pretend to know nothing about any change to the mics in any update.  The last response from Sony actually told me to post on the forums and if enough people have the same problem they may take a look at fixing it.  Honest to God, told me to post on the forums.... wonderful customer dis-service Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 111 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 7, 2012

fix it.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 111 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Low voice input volume fixed... sort of!!!

IMG_1428.jpgIMG_1429.jpgIMG_1430.jpg

Just a few screws, a bit of a duck tape and plastic that I've bent. Now the microphone can be closer to my mouth and others can finally hear me loud and clear.

QUESTION TO SONY:
Is this really necessary??? If it is, than you could place all this stuff into the box with assembling instructions!!!

SHAME ON YOU!

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 111 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Mar 9, 2012

I haven't used my microphone. but I don't hear any noise when it's pulled out. What exactly is happening?

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 111 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5403 posts

Mar 9, 2012

fstopover wrote:

I haven't used my microphone. but I don't hear any noise when it's pulled out. What exactly is happening?

Have you updated your firmware? If so, you'll notice constant noice from the mic being directed into your own ears.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 111 (48 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1237 posts

Mar 9, 2012

I dont know why you guys say your voice volume is low. Its perfect for me at least when you guys test it out make sure your game and voice volume is right in the middle or all on voice.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 111 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5403 posts

Mar 10, 2012

NovaDeathStar wrote:

I dont know why you guys say your voice volume is low. Its perfect for me at least when you guys test it out make sure your game and voice volume is right in the middle or all on voice.

They are talking about other players hearing them, not hearing other players.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 111 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 10, 2012

Is there a setting where you can let the mic here what you say????

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 111 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Mar 11, 2012

NotoriousRJF wrote:

Count me in the same boat, another frustrated owner of the official Sony stereo headphones who did not want or ask for this change.  I absolutely hate the change and would return these now God awful headphones in a heartbeat if they were not 4-5 months old now.  This should be illegal to completely change how the headphones work many, many months after purchase. By doing this Sony has left me no recourse, cant use them because they suck now and cant return them because they are 4-5 months old.  Had they sounded this horrible when I bought them, I could have and would have returned them the very next day for a full refund.  Simply disgusted by Sony, their actions to change them and their incompetence at even admitting this was a wanted change or a stupid mistake by Sony. 

I have come to realize some people actually wanted this horrible change, to hear their own voice while cheapening the sound quaility of these once awesome headphones. If that is really true, then I dont want Sony to pull back the change as to upset them.  What I want is the ABILITY TO ENABLE AND DISABLE THE FUNCTION so every owner of these headphones is happy.  This should NEVER have been an either or situation as the lazy, incompetent monkeys that program for Sony made it. 

While I see some people talk about a vote that took place, I have seen no such page or link to it myself.  And responses from Sony have been awful as they pretend to know nothing about any change to the mics in any update.  The last response from Sony actually told me to post on the forums and if enough people have the same problem they may take a look at fixing it.  Honest to God, told me to post on the forums.... wonderful customer dis-service Sony.

I personally have sent a PS.Blog.Share Idea Submission about this well over 2-3 weeks ago (at least that I can remember because it has been A WHILE in all honesty) that NEVER even got approved to at least be voted on. Which quite honestly doesn't really mean much since I currently have 1 open that is being voted on (about the multi out being disabled when using the headset) here ~ http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2011/11/01/official-ps3-7-1-headset-multi-out-firmware-pa... but that seems to be going nowhere in itself...so even if the one I submitted about the mic feedback issue gets approved and even voted on, it's highly doubtful it will be ever be changed it looks like. And it's quite honestly an easy fix (I believe), in that giving the OPTION for people to enable/disable it, can't be all that difficult to progam.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 111 (48 Views)
0 Likes