Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
18 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issue

Feb 8, 2012

so i called sony support and they had me trouble shoot the issue with the static and ask if there was a way to turn off the feature where you can hear youself speak (im pretty tech savi) , so i did everything they asked me to do, still no solution. The guy told me that the reason why they implemented this feature is because it was based on a number of votes in the ps share blog. So i posted an idea so that sony may put in an ON/OFF switch for this feature. If they dont do somthing about this soon, i will be forced to send them back for a refund. it was a great headset for such an awsome deal, i hope they do fix this. PLEASE!!!!

Message 11 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Yeah, I hate this. I don't see why people need to hear themselves. These headsets were perfect before this. Now if there's to much noise around me, I can't even hear the game.

Message 12 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3873 posts

Feb 8, 2012

This better get sorted out. Why FORCE this upon us? It's dreadful, and has turned brilliant sounding headphones into utter dog dirt.

Message 13 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 8, 2012

I must be alone then. Ran the update last night, and about 30 mins into MW3 I noticed that I could (FINALLY) hear myself through the headset. Not being able to hear myself was really the only downside of this headset - they block out so much sound that when you've got the volume cranked, it was almost impossible to talk with friends because you could barely hear yourself speak. I've probably been speaking a lot louder than I've needed to up until now. The last 30 mins of gaming I had no issues with static, delays/echo or anything else that people have so far complained about. I'd agree that they should make this an option so it can be disabled, but overall I'm happy with the change. I do play in a very quiet environment (basement aka the man cave) when no one else is around, so I don't have to worry about outside sound interference. And doesn't the volume slider that adjusts voice/sound mix help?

Message 14 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 8, 2012

I found that if you change the input setting on the audio device settings it will shut it up, but obviously you can't use the mic! It is a temporary solution if you are playing solo. What really annoys me is that even if you press the MUTE button on the headset, the noise persists!!! WTF SONY!

Message 15 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 8, 2012

yes i totally understand you iDavee, this needs to be fixed pronto!!!!

Message 16 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Feb 8, 2012

brtt150 wrote:

Yeah, I hate this. I don't see why people need to hear themselves. These headsets were perfect before this. Now if there's to much noise around me, I can't even hear the game.

I knew the firmware update did something. Everytime I load up Uncharted 3 and play the MP... I hear myself thru the wireless headset speakers. I also hear a constant noise coming from the speakers. I don't want to be able to hear myself speak, I want to hear sounds from the game and ONLY the game. Let alone muting the mic still causes that irritating noise.

The noise and hearing myself speak overshadows footsteps in Uncharted 3. Ruining one of the reasons why I bought this headset. Being able to hear subtle noises in MP was great and an advantage, but being able to hear yourself through the mic and this noise ruins this.

Here is an outline of the problems for Wireless PS3 Headset

-After 4.10 firmware update, I hear noise constantly coming from the headset speakers. What is that noise?!?!?

-I don't want to hear myself speak.

The headset was fine before the patch and I loved it. Sony, please fix this. I don't want to hear myself talk and get rid of that annoying noise. Give us the ability to get rid of this annoying feature.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All
Co-op /

Adventure /

Competitive

Treasure Sets collected!!!!! 200 hours total

CLICK HERE for my YouTube Channel for U3 gameplay videos
Message 17 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Feb 8, 2012

You don't see how this could be unwanted only because you are looking at the people who complained. How many people complained? How many purchases in total of this headset have been made? compare those numbers and I will guarantee that it was only a small percentage. They say a vote on the blog was the reason for the implementation? If you didn't have an issue why the hell would you be aware of the vote??? seriously!!

I turned on uncharted 3 after the update and noticed I could hear myself. I do NOT want to hear myself. I also hear this static noise, it is very frustrating to play a game when I hear myself talking. If you can't hear yourself talking then you have the headset up wayyyy to loud and are probably damaging your ears.

Sony please implement an on/off switch for this or I am returning this headset. This is rediculous. I refuse to wait months until you fix what  you just broke.

Message 18 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Oh man, I'm so with you on this.  It's so irritating to have all the noise from outside the headphones piped in.  Isn't the point of the headphones to block out the noise from outside?  I might as well just have the speakers on and forget the headphones all together.

Message 19 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Ok I can see why a couple people would want this but living in a house with 2 kids and a baby, this will not work for me. Now I have a freaking migrain from the headset. Ether there is a fix pronto to this orrefund me my money now before I need to go to a doctor for this head ache the headset caused. This fix was not posted in the update info and not warrented or wanted by us all.

Spending $90+ on this headset I was happy before today's update. Fix it before you get sued for hearing damage and loss.

Message 20 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes